public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* replacing a previous package verson
@ 2022-04-11 13:02 Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2022-04-11 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

After all this time I feel that I should know the answer to this, but here
goes.

I have fish-3.4.1-1, a bugfix release. I want it to replace fish-3.4.0-1,
leaving fish-3.3.1-1 as the previous release.

What's the best way to do this? Should I create override.hint, with

keep: 3.3.1-1
replace-versions: 3.4.0-1

? This seems as though it might be right, but one question I have is, will
override.hint persist in future releases unless I replace it?

Thanks,
Andrew