public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-10 22:11 Yaakov Selkowitz
                   ` (12 more replies)
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-10 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Package Maintainers,

cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.

A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages
thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the
file contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64.
Examples include, but are not limited to, packages which contain only:

* documentation;
* scripts;
* fonts;
* icon themes;
* other runtime data;
* C/C++ headers without a library;
* libraries for cross-compiler toolchains.
* pure Lua/Perl/Python/Ruby/Tcl modules without C/C++ bindings.

Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.  (Note that inheriting
cross.cygclass implies ARCH=noarch.)  A new release is NOT necessary
just to add ARCH=noarch to the .cygport, just that it should be added
locally so as to be included in the next release.  We will then move
these packages into /noarch/release on sourceware and acknowledge such,
at which point you are clear to upload future releases.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

TIA,
--
Yaakov

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11  5:07 ` Marco Atzeri
                   ` (11 subsequent siblings)
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-05-11  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/05/2016 00:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package Maintainers,
>
> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
> thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
> upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
> uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
> of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
> disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>
> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages
> thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the
> file contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64.
> Examples include, but are not limited to, packages which contain only:
>

> Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
>
> TIA,

So at this stage not the documentation subpackages, but only if all
subpackages are in this category. correct ?

Not so sure if this case fit in your request;
all the language files for tesseract

tesseract-ocr-deu
tesseract-ocr-eng
tesseract-ocr-fra
tesseract-ocr-ita
tesseract-ocr-nld
tesseract-ocr-por
tesseract-ocr-spa
tesseract-ocr-vie
tesseract-training-core
tesseract-training-deu
tesseract-training-eng
tesseract-training-fra
tesseract-training-ita
tesseract-training-nld
tesseract-training-por
tesseract-training-spa
tesseract-training-vie

that are in the same tree of tesseract-ocr but
they have independent minimalist setup.hint hand made.

eg: tesseract-training-eng

$ cat setup.hint
sdesc: "English language files for training tesseract-ocr"
category: Text
requires: tesseract-training-util

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11  6:12 ` Thomas Wolff
                   ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2016-05-11  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 11.05.2016 um 00:11 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
> Package Maintainers,
>
> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
> thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
> upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
> uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
> of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
> disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>
> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all*
> subpackages thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native*
> gcc, and the file contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and
> x86_64. Examples include, but are not limited to, packages which
> contain only:
>
> * documentation;
> * scripts;
> * fonts;
> * icon themes;
> * other runtime data;
> * C/C++ headers without a library;
> * libraries for cross-compiler toolchains.
> * pure Lua/Perl/Python/Ruby/Tcl modules without C/C++ bindings.
I wonder why this list or this action does not include all the source
packages, which might even save more disk space than all the others
together.
Thomas

---

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11  6:17   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 00:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> So at this stage not the documentation subpackages, but only if all
> subpackages are in this category. correct ?

At this time we are only considering those where all subpackages are
noarch, i.e. ARCH=noarch is (or will be) defined.

> Not so sure if this case fit in your request;
> all the language files for tesseract
[snip]
> that are in the same tree of tesseract-ocr but
> they have independent minimalist setup.hint hand made.

I don't understand, they don't have any external-source: nor a -src
package, so how are they built?

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11  8:15 ` Andrew Schulman
                   ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2016-05-11  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Thanks for the headsup.

> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.

atool
discus
stow

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 15:26   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 03:15, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> atool
> discus
> stow

Moved to noarch.

--

@ 2016-05-11 15:31   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 01:11, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> I wonder why this list or this action does not include all the source
> packages, which might even save more disk space than all the others
> together.

Possibly, but at this time there is not support for separate parts of
packages in different directories.

--

@ 2016-05-11 16:26     ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-05-11 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/05/16 07:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 00:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> So at this stage not the documentation subpackages, but only if all
>> subpackages are in this category. correct ?
>
> At this time we are only considering those where all subpackages are
> noarch, i.e. ARCH=noarch is (or will be) defined.

Is it worth making libpoco-doc a separate package? It might be cleaner
that way, as the documentation and source code are in different tarballs
upstream.

Dave.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-11 16:36 ` Eric Blake
                   ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Eric Blake @ 2016-05-11 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 05/10/2016 04:11 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package Maintainers,
>
> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
> thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
> upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
> uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
> of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
> disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>
> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages
> thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the
> file contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64.
> Examples include, but are not limited to, packages which contain only:
>
> * documentation;
> * scripts;
> * fonts;
> * icon themes;
> * other runtime data;
> * C/C++ headers without a library;
> * libraries for cross-compiler toolchains.
> * pure Lua/Perl/Python/Ruby/Tcl modules without C/C++ bindings.

Question: can cygport be enhanced to validate and/or have heuristics for
this?  For example, cygport already has a pass that strips/separates
debuginfo out of binaries compiled by gcc - if any stripping occurs,
then the package is obviously not ARCH=noarch at the moment (down the
road, if we allow noarch by subpackage, that may change slightly, but
you get the idea).

Of my packages, I think that only bash-completion and cvsutils are the
most likely candidates, although I haven't yet fully checked if they are
indeed arch-independent.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-11 17:26 ` Ken Brown
                   ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-05-11 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 5/10/2016 6:11 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.

bzr-fastimport
biber
emacs-auctex
texlive-collection-basic-doc
texlive-collection-bibtexextra-doc
texlive-collection-binextra-doc
texlive-collection-context-doc
texlive-collection-fontsextra
texlive-collection-fontsextra-doc
texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
texlive-collection-fontsrecommended-doc
texlive-collection-fontutils-doc
texlive-collection-genericextra
texlive-collection-genericextra-doc
texlive-collection-genericrecommended
texlive-collection-genericrecommended-doc
texlive-collection-humanities-doc
texlive-collection-langafrican
texlive-collection-langarabic
texlive-collection-langchinese
texlive-collection-langenglish
texlive-collection-langeuropean
texlive-collection-langfrench
texlive-collection-langgerman
texlive-collection-langitalian
texlive-collection-langother
texlive-collection-langportuguese
texlive-collection-langspanish
texlive-collection-latex-doc
texlive-collection-latexextra-doc
texlive-collection-latexrecommended-doc
texlive-collection-luatex-doc
texlive-collection-mathextra-doc
texlive-collection-metapost-doc
texlive-collection-music-doc
texlive-collection-pictures-doc
texlive-collection-plainextra
texlive-collection-pstricks-doc
texlive-collection-publishers
texlive-collection-publishers-doc
texlive-collection-science-doc
texlive-collection-xetex-doc

[There's also python-fastimport, but it looks like someone already
rebuilt this and put it in noarch.]

Ken

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 17:56     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-05-11 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/05/2016 08:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 00:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> So at this stage not the documentation subpackages, but only if all
>> subpackages are in this category. correct ?
>
> At this time we are only considering those where all subpackages are
> noarch, i.e. ARCH=noarch is (or will be) defined.
>
>> Not so sure if this case fit in your request;
>> all the language files for tesseract
> [snip]
>> that are in the same tree of tesseract-ocr but
>> they have independent minimalist setup.hint hand made.
>
> I don't understand, they don't have any external-source: nor a -src
> package, so how are they built?

just downloaded the specific language data from

https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata

copied in a <temp>/usr/share/tessdata
and packaged.

Making a source file was a waste of space as it will be a duplication
of the binary.

In theory I could do a noarch tesseract-ocr-language.cygport
that skips build and for install just copies the data from
the git and than packages the whole.
I doubt that cygport accept an empty SRC_URI, but I have not yet tested it

Regards
Marco

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 17:59   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 11:36, Eric Blake wrote:
> Question: can cygport be enhanced to validate and/or have heuristics for
> this?

Possibly, I'd have to consider how exactly.

> For example, cygport already has a pass that strips/separates
> debuginfo out of binaries compiled by gcc - if any stripping occurs,
> then the package is obviously not ARCH=noarch at the moment (down the
> road, if we allow noarch by subpackage, that may change slightly, but
> you get the idea).

Cross-compiled libraries (e.g. mingw64-*) are noarch and are stripped
though.

> Of my packages, I think that only bash-completion and cvsutils are the
> most likely candidates, although I haven't yet fully checked if they are
> indeed arch-independent.

They are, and have been moved to noarch accordingly.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-11 18:38 ` Marco Atzeri
                   ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-05-11 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/05/2016 00:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package Maintainers,

> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.  (Note that inheriting
> cross.cygclass implies ARCH=noarch.)  A new release is NOT necessary
> just to add ARCH=noarch to the .cygport, just that it should be added
> locally so as to be included in the next release.  We will then move
> these packages into /noarch/release on sourceware and acknowledge such,
> at which point you are clear to upload future releases.
>
> Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
>
> TIA,

All these are arch independent as contain only scripts
(for the time being)

octave-bim
octave-bsltl
octave-cgi
octave-data-smoothing
octave-dataframe
octave-divand
octave-financial
octave-fpl
octave-fuzzy-logic-toolkit
octave-ga
octave-generate_html
octave-geometry
octave-integration
octave-mvn
octave-ncarray
octave-optics
octave-queueing
octave-secs1d
octave-secs3d
octave-specfun
octave-splines
octave-statistics
octave-vrml

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 20:08       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 12:56, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 11/05/2016 08:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2016-05-11 00:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> So at this stage not the documentation subpackages, but only if all
>>> subpackages are in this category. correct ?
>>
>> At this time we are only considering those where all subpackages are
>> noarch, i.e. ARCH=noarch is (or will be) defined.
>>
>>> Not so sure if this case fit in your request;
>>> all the language files for tesseract
>> [snip]
>>> that are in the same tree of tesseract-ocr but
>>> they have independent minimalist setup.hint hand made.
>>
>> I don't understand, they don't have any external-source: nor a -src
>> package, so how are they built?
>

> just downloaded the specific language data from
>
> https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata
> https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata

That sounds like two separate source packages then, although you're
welcome to combine them.  FWIW Fedora's package builds these together
with the program itself:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/tesseract.git/tree/tesseract.spec

> copied in a <temp>/usr/share/tessdata and packaged.
>
> Making a source file was a waste of space as it will be a duplication
> of the binary.

That's not a factor.  All packages must have a source package, so that
how the binary package(s) are built can be seen and reproduced.

> In theory I could do a noarch tesseract-ocr-language.cygport
> that skips build and for install just copies the data from
> the git and than packages the whole.
> I doubt that cygport accept an empty SRC_URI, but I have not yet tested it

There *is* a SRC_URI: the upstream repo!  If you want to do this
separately, then something along the lines of:

NAME="tesseract-ocr-langdata"
VERSION=3.04.00
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Text"
SUMMARY="training files for tesseract-ocr"
DESCRIPTION="Source training data for Tesseract for lots of languages"
HOMEPAGE=
SRC_URI="https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata/archive/${VERSION}/langdata-${VERSION}.tar.gz"
SRC_DIR="langdata-${VERSION}"

ARCH=noarch

PKG_NAMES="tesseract-training-core"
tesseract_training_core_CONTENTS="usr/share/tessdata/training/*.*"
for l in deu:German eng:English fra:French .....
do
   PKG_NAMES+=" tesseract-training-${l%:*}"
   declare tesseract_training_${l%:*}_SUMMARY="${l#*:} ${SUMMARY}"
   declare tesseract_training_${l%:*}_REQUIRES="tesseract-training-core"
   declare
tesseract_training_${l%:*}_CONTENTS="usr/share/tessdata/training/${l%:*}/"
done

src_compile() { :; }

src_install() {
         dodir /usr/share/tessdata/training
         cp -pr ${S}/* ${D}/usr/share/tessdata/training/

@ 2016-05-11 20:15       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 11:26, David Stacey wrote:
> On 11/05/16 07:17, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2016-05-11 00:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> So at this stage not the documentation subpackages, but only if all
>>> subpackages are in this category. correct ?
>>
>> At this time we are only considering those where all subpackages are
>> noarch, i.e. ARCH=noarch is (or will be) defined.
>
> Is it worth making libpoco-doc a separate package? It might be cleaner
> that way, as the documentation and source code are in different tarballs
> upstream.

Your call, it doesn't appear that anything is gained from building it
together with poco itself.  I'd name the sources poco-doc and either:

OBSOLETES=libpoco-doc

or:

PKG_NAMES="libpoco-doc"
libpoco_doc_CONTENTS="usr/share/doc/poco/html/"

--

@ 2016-05-11 20:35   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 12:26, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 5/10/2016 6:11 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
>> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
>> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.
>
> bzr-fastimport
> biber
> emacs-auctex
> texlive-collection-*-doc

Moved to noarch.

> texlive-collection-fontsextra
> texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
> texlive-collection-genericextra
> texlive-collection-genericrecommended
> texlive-collection-langafrican
> texlive-collection-langarabic
> texlive-collection-langchinese
> texlive-collection-langenglish
> texlive-collection-langeuropean
> texlive-collection-langfrench
> texlive-collection-langgerman
> texlive-collection-langitalian
> texlive-collection-langother
> texlive-collection-langportuguese
> texlive-collection-langspanish
> texlive-collection-plainextra
> texlive-collection-publishers

I haven't moved these yet, but what about the rest of the collections?
IIRC the TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS do have CPU-cygwin paths in the "sources",
but are they *really* archful?

--

@ 2016-05-11 20:48   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 13:38, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 11/05/2016 00:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Package Maintainers,
>

>> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
>> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
>> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.  (Note that inheriting
>> cross.cygclass implies ARCH=noarch.)  A new release is NOT necessary
>> just to add ARCH=noarch to the .cygport, just that it should be added
>> locally so as to be included in the next release.  We will then move
>> these packages into /noarch/release on sourceware and acknowledge such,
>> at which point you are clear to upload future releases.
>>
>> Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
>>
>> TIA,
>
> All these are arch independent as contain only scripts
> (for the time being)
>
> octave-bim
> octave-bsltl
> octave-cgi
> octave-data-smoothing
> octave-dataframe
> octave-divand
> octave-financial
> octave-fpl
> octave-fuzzy-logic-toolkit
> octave-ga
> octave-generate_html
> octave-geometry
> octave-integration
> octave-mvn
> octave-ncarray
> octave-optics
> octave-queueing
> octave-secs1d
> octave-secs3d
> octave-specfun
> octave-splines
> octave-statistics
> octave-vrml

But what about the following?

octave-nan
octave-octcdf
octave-stk
octave-tsa

--

@ 2016-05-11 21:02     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-05-11 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/05/2016 22:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 13:38, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 11/05/2016 00:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> Package Maintainers,
>>

>>> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
>>> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
>>> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.  (Note that inheriting
>>> cross.cygclass implies ARCH=noarch.)  A new release is NOT necessary
>>> just to add ARCH=noarch to the .cygport, just that it should be added
>>> locally so as to be included in the next release.  We will then move
>>> these packages into /noarch/release on sourceware and acknowledge such,
>>> at which point you are clear to upload future releases.
>>>
>>> Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>
>> All these are arch independent as contain only scripts
>> (for the time being)
>>
>> octave-bim
>> octave-bsltl
>> octave-cgi
>> octave-data-smoothing
>> octave-dataframe
>> octave-divand
>> octave-financial
>> octave-fpl
>> octave-fuzzy-logic-toolkit
>> octave-ga
>> octave-generate_html
>> octave-geometry
>> octave-integration
>> octave-mvn
>> octave-ncarray
>> octave-optics
>> octave-queueing
>> octave-secs1d
>> octave-secs3d
>> octave-specfun
>> octave-splines
>> octave-statistics
>> octave-vrml
>
> But what about the following?
>
> octave-nan
> octave-octcdf
> octave-stk
> octave-tsa

/usr/lib/octave/packages/
contains the arch specific in this case in mex variant.

octave-octcdf is obsolete and empty.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 21:31       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 16:02, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 11/05/2016 22:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> But what about the following?
>>
>> octave-nan
>> octave-octcdf
>> octave-stk
>> octave-tsa
>
> /usr/lib/octave/packages/
> contains the arch specific in this case in mex variant.

Oops, it seems cygport knows nothing of this, only of .oct.  Could you
please try rebuilding one of those with the following patch to cygport
and see if it behaves properly (.mex are executable, stripped, and
binary dependencies listed in requires:)?

--
Yaakov

[-- Attachment #2: 0001-Handle-Octave-.mex-extensions-as-DLLs.patch --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 5422 bytes --]

From 9f9128505f8f8dbaf5880648b4842118331a0242 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi@redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 16:26:21 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] Handle Octave .mex extensions as DLLs

---
 cygclass/octave.cygclass | 7 ++++---
 lib/pkg_info.cygpart     | 5 +++--
 lib/src_postinst.cygpart | 9 +++++----

diff --git a/cygclass/octave.cygclass b/cygclass/octave.cygclass
index 789c81a..9fac2ed 100644
--- a/cygclass/octave.cygclass
+++ b/cygclass/octave.cygclass
@@ -27,7 +27,8 @@
 #  DESCRIPTION
 #  GNU Octave is a programming language primarily designed for numerical
 #  computations, and is mostly compatible with MATLAB.  It is extendible
-#  with both scripts (.m) and dynamic modules (.oct, but are ordinary DLLs).
+#  with both scripts (.m) and dynamic modules (.oct or .mex, but are ordinary
+#  DLLs).
 #
 #  This cygclass provides definitions for packages dependent on Octave.
 #  REQUIRES
@@ -47,7 +48,7 @@ OCTAVE=/usr/bin/octave

 #****d* octave.cygclass/MKOCTFILE
 #  DESCRIPTION
-#  Absolute path to the Octave dynamic module (.oct) compiler/linker.
+#  Absolute path to the Octave dynamic module (.oct/.mex) compiler/linker.
 #****
 MKOCTFILE=/usr/bin/mkoctfile

@@ -113,6 +114,6 @@ OCTAVE_M_SITEDIR=$(${OCTAVE_CONFIG} --m-site-dir)

 #****d* octave.cygclass/OCTAVE_OCT_SITEDIR
 #  DESCRIPTION
-#  Installation path for third-party Octave dynamic modules (.oct).
+#  Installation path for third-party Octave dynamic modules (.oct/.mex).
 #****
 OCTAVE_OCT_SITEDIR=$(${OCTAVE_CONFIG} --oct-site-dir)
diff --git a/lib/pkg_info.cygpart b/lib/pkg_info.cygpart
index 8fbf41f..7b2be88 100644
--- a/lib/pkg_info.cygpart
+++ b/lib/pkg_info.cygpart
@@ -167,8 +167,9 @@ __list_deps() {

 	# *.so: Apache2 modules, OCaml stublibs, Ruby modules
 	# *.oct: Octave modules
+	# *.mex: Octave MATLAB-compatible MEX modules
 	# *.cmxs: OCaml natdynlink modules: http://gallium.inria.fr/~frisch/ndl.txt
-	alldeps+=" "$(LC_ALL=C find "${@//^_^/ }" -type f -executable \( -name '*.exe' -o -name '*.dll' -o -name '*.so' -o -name '*.oct' -o -name '*.cmxs' \) \
+	alldeps+=" "$(LC_ALL=C find "${@//^_^/ }" -type f -executable \( -name '*.exe' -o -name '*.dll' -o -name '*.so' -o -name '*.oct' -o -name '*.mex' -o -name '*.cmxs' \) \
 		-exec ${OBJDUMP} -p '{}' + 2>/dev/null | grep "DLL Name:" | sort -u | \
 		cut -d ' ' -f 3 | xargs -r which || true)

@@ -177,7 +178,7 @@ __list_deps() {
 			${deps_prune} \
 			-o -path 'usr/share/gems/*' -prune \
 			-o -path 'usr/share/help/*' -prune \
-			-o -type f -executable ! -name '*.exe' ! -name '*.dll' ! -name '*.so' ! -name '*.cmxs' ! -name '*.oct' -print \
+			-o -type f -executable ! -name '*.exe' ! -name '*.dll' ! -name '*.so' ! -name '*.cmxs' ! -name '*.oct' ! -name '*.mex' -print \
 			| xargs -r sed -sne '1{/^#!/s|/env *|/|g;s|^#! *\([^ ]*\).*|\1|gp}' \
 			| sort -u)

diff --git a/lib/src_postinst.cygpart b/lib/src_postinst.cygpart
index 10d4174..abaca5d 100644
--- a/lib/src_postinst.cygpart
+++ b/lib/src_postinst.cygpart
@@ -820,10 +820,11 @@ __prepstrip() {

 	# *.so: Apache2 modules, OCaml stublibs, Ruby modules
 	# *.oct: Octave modules
+	# *.mex: Octave MATLAB-compatible MEX modules
 	# *.cmxs: OCaml natdynlink modules: http://gallium.inria.fr/~frisch/ndl.txt
 	find * -type f ! -name '*.dll.a' ! -name '*.lib' \
-		-a \( -name '*.a' -o -name '*.o' -o -name '*.dll' -o -name '*.exe' -o -name '*.so' -o -name '*.so.*' -o -name '*.oct' -o -name '*.cmxs' \) -print0 \
-		-o -type f -executable ! -name '*.dll' ! -name '*.exe' ! -name '*.so' ! -name '*.so.[0-9]*' ! -name '*.oct' ! -name '*.cmxs' ! -name '*.a' ! -name '*.la' ! -name '*.lib' ! -name '*.exe.manifest' ! -name '*.exe.config' ! -name '*.dll.config' ! -name '*.mdb' ! -name '*-config' ! -name '*.csh' ! -name '*.sh' ! -name '*.fish' ! -name '*.pl' ! -name '*.pm' ! -name '*.py' ! -name '*.rb' ! -name '*.tcl' -print0 | \
+		-a \( -name '*.a' -o -name '*.o' -o -name '*.dll' -o -name '*.exe' -o -name '*.so' -o -name '*.so.*' -o -name '*.oct' -o -name '*.mex' -o -name '*.cmxs' \) -print0 \
+		-o -type f -executable ! -name '*.dll' ! -name '*.exe' ! -name '*.so' ! -name '*.so.[0-9]*' ! -name '*.oct' ! -name '*.mex' ! -name '*.cmxs' ! -name '*.a' ! -name '*.la' ! -name '*.lib' ! -name '*.exe.manifest' ! -name '*.exe.config' ! -name '*.dll.config' ! -name '*.mdb' ! -name '*-config' ! -name '*.csh' ! -name '*.sh' ! -name '*.fish' ! -name '*.pl' ! -name '*.pm' ! -name '*.py' ! -name '*.rb' ! -name '*.tcl' -print0 | \
 	while read -d $'\0' exe
 	do
 		# assure this is actually a binary object
@@ -909,7 +910,7 @@ __prepstrip() {
 		x86_64-*-cygwin*)
 			case "${exe##*/}" in
 			cygwin1.dll|cyglsa64.dll|cyglto_plugin.dll) ;;
-			*.dll|*.so|*.oct|*.cmxs)
+			*.dll|*.so|*.oct|*.mex|*.cmxs)
 				if ${objdump} -p "${exe}" | sed -ne '/^ImageBase/s/.*\t/0x/gp' | gawk '{ exit (strtonum($1) <= 0x400000000 ? 0 : 1) }'
 				then
 					warning "${exe} was not linked with -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base"
@@ -922,7 +923,7 @@ __prepstrip() {
 		case ${CHOST} in
 		*-*-cygwin*|*-*-mingw*|*-*-msys*)
 			case "${exe##*/}" in
-			*.dll|*.exe|*.sfx|*.so|*.so.[0-9]*|*.oct|*.cmxs) ;;
+			*.dll|*.exe|*.sfx|*.so|*.so.[0-9]*|*.oct|*.mex|*.cmxs) ;;
 			# make sure this isn't some oddly named DLL
 			*)	if LC_ALL=C ${objdump} -f "${exe}" | grep -Eq '^start address 0x(0000000[01])?00401[0-9a-e][0-9a-e]0'
 				then
--
2.8.0

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 21:54     ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-05-11 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 5/11/2016 4:35 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> I haven't moved these yet, but what about the rest of the collections? IIRC the
> TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS do have CPU-cygwin paths in the "sources", but are they
> *really* archful?

No, the only issue is the sources.  As it stands, if someone downloads the
source from one arch and tries to build on the other, cygport will complain
about missing source packages.  Of course, running 'cygport fetch' will fix
that, so it's not a big deal.

Maybe in the future we should add the TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS for both CPUs to the
sources, and then there's no issue at all.

Ken

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 22:17       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-11 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 16:55, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 5/11/2016 4:35 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> I haven't moved these yet, but what about the rest of the collections?
>> IIRC the
>> TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS do have CPU-cygwin paths in the "sources", but are they
>> *really* archful?
>
> No, the only issue is the sources.  As it stands, if someone downloads
> the source from one arch and tries to build on the other, cygport will
> complain about missing source packages.  Of course, running 'cygport
> fetch' will fix that, so it's not a big deal.
>
> Maybe in the future we should add the TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS for both CPUs to
> the sources, and then there's no issue at all.

How about the attached?

--
Yaakov

[-- Attachment #2: 0002-texlive-make-collection-packages-noarch.patch --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2204 bytes --]

From 6267002753ed243947f95fd153d1d3d53bc8b7bf Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowi@redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 17:12:20 -0500
Subject: [PATCH 2/2] texlive: make collection packages noarch

TeX Live collections, as built by cygport, are not really archful but some
of the paths in the sources are, even though the symlinks or scripts therein
are identical.  Handling both "arches" at once allows us to make all
collections noarch.
---
 cygclass/texlive.cygclass | 16 ++++++++--------

diff --git a/cygclass/texlive.cygclass b/cygclass/texlive.cygclass
index f67a627..b8a06d5 100644
--- a/cygclass/texlive.cygclass
+++ b/cygclass/texlive.cygclass
@@ -98,11 +98,6 @@ support for many languages around the world."
 HOMEPAGE="http://www.tug.org/texlive/"
 #****

-case ${ARCH} in
-i686)	TEXLIVE_ARCH="i386-cygwin" ;;
-x86_64)	TEXLIVE_ARCH="x86_64-cygwin" ;;
-esac
-
 #****o* texlive.cygclass/SRC_URI (texlive)
 #  DESCRIPTION
 #  SRC_URI is constructed automatically based on the value of TEXLIVE_TEXMF_PKGS,
@@ -121,7 +116,8 @@ done
 for pkg in ${TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS//,/ }
 do
 	SRC_URI+=" ${tlnet}/archive/$pkg.tar.xz"
-	SRC_URI+=" ${tlnet}/archive/$pkg.${TEXLIVE_ARCH}.tar.xz"
+	SRC_URI+=" ${tlnet}/archive/$pkg.i386-cygwin.tar.xz"
+	SRC_URI+=" ${tlnet}/archive/$pkg.x86_64-cygwin.tar.xz"
 done
 for pkg in ${TEXLIVE_DOC_PKGS//,/ }
 do
@@ -131,6 +127,7 @@ unset pkg tlnet

 SRC_DIR="."

+ARCH=noarch

 #****I* texlive.cygclass/texlive_install
 #  SYNOPSIS
@@ -151,7 +148,7 @@ texlive_install() {
 	done
 	for pkg in ${TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS//,/ }
 	do
-		pkgs+="$pkg $pkg.${TEXLIVE_ARCH} "
+		pkgs+="$pkg $pkg.i386-cygwin $pkg.x86_64-cygwin "
 	done
 	for pkg in ${TEXLIVE_DOC_PKGS//,/ }
 	do
@@ -172,7 +169,7 @@ texlive_install() {
 			*.bat)
 				# only needed for native Win32
 				continue ;;
-			bin/${TEXLIVE_ARCH}/*)
+			bin/i386-cygwin/*)
 				if [ ! -L ${f} ]
 				then
 					dobin $f
@@ -185,6 +182,9 @@ texlive_install() {
 					esac
 				fi
 				continue ;;
+			bin/x86_64-cygwin/*)
+				# duplicate to i386-cygwin handled above
+				continue ;;
 			*doc/info/dir)
 				# system-managed file
 				continue ;;
--
2.8.0

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-11 22:30         ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-05-11 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 5/11/2016 6:17 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 16:55, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 5/11/2016 4:35 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> I haven't moved these yet, but what about the rest of the collections?
>>> IIRC the
>>> TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS do have CPU-cygwin paths in the "sources", but are
>>> they
>>> *really* archful?
>>
>> No, the only issue is the sources.  As it stands, if someone downloads
>> the source from one arch and tries to build on the other, cygport will
>> complain about missing source packages.  Of course, running 'cygport
>> fetch' will fix that, so it's not a big deal.
>>
>> Maybe in the future we should add the TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS for both CPUs to
>> the sources, and then there's no issue at all.
>
> How about the attached?

Looks good to me.  Thanks.

Ken

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-12  1:59           ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-12  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 17:30, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 5/11/2016 6:17 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> No, the only issue is the sources.  As it stands, if someone downloads
>>> the source from one arch and tries to build on the other, cygport will
>>> complain about missing source packages.  Of course, running 'cygport
>>> fetch' will fix that, so it's not a big deal.
>>>
>>> Maybe in the future we should add the TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS for both CPUs to
>>> the sources, and then there's no issue at all.
>>
>> How about the attached?
>
> Looks good to me.  Thanks.

Pushed.

--

@ 2016-05-12  2:00     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-12  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 15:35, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 12:26, Ken Brown wrote:
>> texlive-collection-fontsextra
>> texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
>> texlive-collection-genericextra
>> texlive-collection-genericrecommended
>> texlive-collection-langafrican
>> texlive-collection-langarabic
>> texlive-collection-langchinese
>> texlive-collection-langenglish
>> texlive-collection-langeuropean
>> texlive-collection-langfrench
>> texlive-collection-langgerman
>> texlive-collection-langitalian
>> texlive-collection-langother
>> texlive-collection-langportuguese
>> texlive-collection-langspanish
>> texlive-collection-plainextra
>> texlive-collection-publishers
>
> I haven't moved these yet, but what about the rest of the collections?
> IIRC the TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS do have CPU-cygwin paths in the "sources",
> but are they *really* archful?

These are moved to noarch now.  Please let me know whenever you rebuild
the others with the now-pushed change to cygport so they can be moved as
well.

--

@ 2016-05-12  2:07   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-12  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 13:38, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> All these are arch independent as contain only scripts
> (for the time being)
>
> octave-bim
> octave-bsltl
> octave-cgi
> octave-data-smoothing
> octave-dataframe
> octave-divand
> octave-financial
> octave-fpl
> octave-fuzzy-logic-toolkit
> octave-ga
> octave-generate_html
> octave-geometry
> octave-integration
> octave-mvn
> octave-ncarray
> octave-optics
> octave-queueing
> octave-secs1d
> octave-secs3d
> octave-specfun
> octave-splines
> octave-statistics
> octave-vrml

Moved to noarch.  If they become archful in the future, just let us know
before uploading so that they can be split out again.

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-12 10:45 ` Adam Dinwoodie
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2016-05-12 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 05:11:15PM -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a
> list of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already
> marked ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.

fzf is already marked as a noarch package.

Adam

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-12 12:09 ` Achim Gratz
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-05-12 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

If you haven't done so already, please move to noarch:

_autorebase
base-files

I'll check my other packages next week.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-12 15:10   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-12 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-12 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-12 07:09, Achim Gratz wrote:
> If you haven't done so already, please move to noarch:
>
> _autorebase
> base-files

Moved to noarch.

> I'll check my other packages next week.

*cough*Perl modules*cough* :-)

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-13 11:12 ` JonY
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: JonY @ 2016-05-13 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I suppose all mingw64-* except mingw64-*-binutils and mingw64-*-gcc.

Let me know if I need to list them all down explicitly.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-13 14:41   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-13 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

@ 2016-05-17 22:07         ` David Stacey
From: David Stacey @ 2016-05-17 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 11/05/16 21:15, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 11:26, David Stacey wrote:
>>>
>>> At this time we are only considering those where all subpackages are
>>> noarch, i.e. ARCH=noarch is (or will be) defined.
>>
>> Is it worth making libpoco-doc a separate package? It might be cleaner
>> that way, as the documentation and source code are in different tarballs
>> upstream.
>
> Your call, it doesn't appear that anything is gained from building it
> together with poco itself.  I'd name the sources poco-doc and either:
>
> OBSOLETES=libpoco-doc
>
> or:
>
> PKG_NAMES="libpoco-doc"
> libpoco_doc_CONTENTS="usr/share/doc/poco/html/"

Thank you for your advice. I think I'd like to split the documentation
into a separate package, as it will make it easier to maintain. As I'm
creating a new top-level package, I'll send an ITP separately.

Dave.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-05-18 15:15 ` Corinna Vinschen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-05-18 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On May 10 17:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package Maintainers,
>
> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and thanks
> to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for upset which
> generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be uploaded once
> under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each of /x86/release and
> /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save disk space and bandwidth
> for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>
> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages
> thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the file
> contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64. Examples
> include, but are not limited to, packages which contain only:
>
> * documentation;
> * scripts;
> * fonts;
> * icon themes;
> * other runtime data;
> * C/C++ headers without a library;
> * libraries for cross-compiler toolchains.
> * pure Lua/Perl/Python/Ruby/Tcl modules without C/C++ bindings.
>
> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list of
> their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked ARCH=noarch
> or will be with the next release.  (Note that inheriting cross.cygclass
> implies ARCH=noarch.)  A new release is NOT necessary just to add
> ARCH=noarch to the .cygport, just that it should be added locally so as to
> be included in the next release.  We will then move these packages into
> /noarch/release on sourceware and acknowledge such, at which point you are
> clear to upload future releases.

These can be moved as well:

  base-cygwin
  man-pages-posix

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-18 16:06   ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-18 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-18 10:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> These can be moved as well:
>
>   base-cygwin
>   man-pages-posix

Done.

--

@ 2016-05-21 16:43   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-05-21 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> I'll check my other packages next week.

Here's the wave of Perl distributions as previously determined by true
dedup (the one marked with an asterisk is not mine and may have been
moved already).  I've quickly checked the latest build logs again for my
own Perl distributions.  Please move the x86 packages to noarch if
possible so it matches up what I've done locally.

perl-Algorithm-Diff
perl-Archive-Zip
perl-Business-ISBN
perl-Business-ISBN-Data
perl-Business-ISMN
perl-Business-ISSN
perl-Canary-Stability
perl-Capture-Tiny
perl-Carp
perl-Class-Accessor
perl-Config-AutoConf
perl-Config-Perl-V
perl-Config-Tiny
perl-CPAN-Changes
perl-CPAN-DistnameInfo
perl-CPAN-Meta
perl-CPAN-Meta-Check
perl-CPAN-Meta-Requirements
perl-CPAN-Meta-YAML
perl-CPAN-Reporter
perl-CPAN-Testers-Report
perl-Data-Compare
perl-Data-Diver
perl-Data-Dump
perl-Data-GUID
perl-Data-OptList
perl-Data-Uniqid
perl-Devel-Autoflush
perl-Devel-CheckLib
perl-Devel-Symdump
perl-Digest-BubbleBabble
perl-Digest-HMAC
perl-Encode-Locale
perl-Error
perl-Exporter-Tiny
perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder
perl-ExtUtils-Depends
perl-ExtUtils-F77
perl-ExtUtils-LibBuilder
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
perl-ExtUtils-PkgConfig
perl-File-Copy-Recursive
perl-File-Find-Rule
perl-File-HomeDir
perl-File-Listing
perl-File-pushd
perl-File-Slurp
perl-File-Slurp-Tiny
perl-File-Which
perl-Getopt-ArgvFile
perl-HTML-Tagset (*)
perl-HTTP-Cookies
perl-HTTP-Daemon
perl-HTTP-Date
perl-HTTP-Message
perl-HTTP-Negotiate
perl-HTTP-Tiny
perl-inc-latest
perl-Inline
perl-Inline-Files
perl-IO-CaptureOutput
perl-IO-HTML
perl-IO-Prompt-Tiny
perl-IO-Socket-SSL
perl-IO-String
perl-IPC-Cmd
perl-IPC-Run
perl-IPC-Run3
perl-JSON
perl-JSON-MaybeXS
perl-JSON-PP
perl-libwww-perl
perl-libxml-perl
perl-List-AllUtils
perl-Log-Log4perl
perl-LWP-MediaTypes
perl-LWP-Protocol-https
perl-MailTools (*)
perl-Metabase-Client-Simple
perl-Metabase-Fact
perl-MIME-Base32
perl-MIME-Charset
perl-Module-Metadata
perl-Module-ScanDeps
perl-Module-Signature
perl-Mojolicious
perl-Mozilla-CA
perl-Net-DNS
perl-Net-DNS-SEC
perl-Net-HTTP
perl-Net-IP
perl-Number-Compare
perl-PAR
perl-Params-Util
perl-PAR-Dist
perl-Parse-CPAN-Meta
perl-Parse-RecDescent
perl-POD2-Base
perl-Pod-Coverage
perl-Pod-Escapes
perl-Pod-Simple
perl-Probe-Perl
perl-Readonly
perl-Regexp-Common
perl-Spiffy
perl-Sub-Exporter
perl-Sub-Install
perl-Sub-Uplevel
perl-SUPER
perl-Tee
perl-Term-ReadLine-Perl
perl-Test-CPAN-Meta
perl-Test-Deep
perl-Test-Exception
perl-Test-Fatal
perl-Test-Harness
perl-Test-MockModule
perl-Test-NoWarnings
perl-Test-Pod
perl-Test-Pod-Coverage
perl-Test-Reporter
perl-Test-Reporter-Transport-Metabase
perl-Test-Requires
perl-Test-Script
perl-Test-Simple
perl-Test-Warn
perl-Test-Warnings
perl-Test-Without-Module
perl-Test-YAML
perl-Text-CSV
perl-Text-Diff
perl-Text-Roman
perl-Text-Template
perl-Text-WrapI18N
perl-Tie-Cycle
perl-TimeDate
perl-Try-Tiny
perl-Types-Serialiser
perl-URI
perl-WWW-RobotRules
perl-XML-LibXML-Simple
perl-XML-NamespaceSupport
perl-XML-SAX
perl-XML-SAX-Base
perl-XML-SAX-Expat
perl-XML-Simple
perl-XML-Writer
perl-YAML

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-05-26 19:45     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-05-26 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

@ 2016-05-26 20:02       ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-05-26 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> Done.

Thanks.  :-)

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-06 15:28       ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-06-06 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 5/11/2016 10:00 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 15:35, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2016-05-11 12:26, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> texlive-collection-fontsextra
>>> texlive-collection-fontsrecommended
>>> texlive-collection-genericextra
>>> texlive-collection-genericrecommended
>>> texlive-collection-langafrican
>>> texlive-collection-langarabic
>>> texlive-collection-langchinese
>>> texlive-collection-langenglish
>>> texlive-collection-langeuropean
>>> texlive-collection-langfrench
>>> texlive-collection-langgerman
>>> texlive-collection-langitalian
>>> texlive-collection-langother
>>> texlive-collection-langportuguese
>>> texlive-collection-langspanish
>>> texlive-collection-plainextra
>>> texlive-collection-publishers
>>
>> I haven't moved these yet, but what about the rest of the collections?
>> IIRC the TEXLIVE_ARCH_PKGS do have CPU-cygwin paths in the "sources",
>> but are they *really* archful?
>
> These are moved to noarch now.  Please let me know whenever you rebuild
> the others with the now-pushed change to cygport so they can be moved as
> well.

I've rebuilt everything for TeX Live 2016 and am uploading now.  I won't
create the !ready files until you give the OK.

Ken

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-06 16:54         ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-06-06 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-06 10:28, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 5/11/2016 10:00 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> These are moved to noarch now.  Please let me know whenever you rebuild
>> the others with the now-pushed change to cygport so they can be moved as
>> well.
>
> I've rebuilt everything for TeX Live 2016 and am uploading now.  I won't
> create the !ready files until you give the OK.

Thanks, go ahead.

--

@ 2016-06-06 16:58         ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-06-06 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-11 16:31, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 16:02, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> On 11/05/2016 22:48, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> But what about the following?
>>>
>>> octave-nan
>>> octave-octcdf
>>> octave-stk
>>> octave-tsa
>>
>> /usr/lib/octave/packages/
>> contains the arch specific in this case in mex variant.
>
> Oops, it seems cygport knows nothing of this, only of .oct.  Could you
> please try rebuilding one of those with the following patch to cygport
> and see if it behaves properly (.mex are executable, stripped, and
> binary dependencies listed in requires:)?

Ping?

--
Yaakov

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-06-06 22:24 ` Yaakov Selkowitz
                     ` (7 more replies)
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-06-06 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-05-10 17:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package Maintainers,
>
> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
> thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
> upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
> uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
> of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
> disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>
> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages
> thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the
> file contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64.
> Examples include, but are not limited to, packages which contain only:
>
> * documentation;
> * scripts;
> * fonts;
> * icon themes;
> * other runtime data;
> * C/C++ headers without a library;
> * libraries for cross-compiler toolchains.
> * pure Lua/Perl/Python/Ruby/Tcl modules without C/C++ bindings.
>
> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.  (Note that inheriting
> cross.cygclass implies ARCH=noarch.)  A new release is NOT necessary
> just to add ARCH=noarch to the .cygport, just that it should be added
> locally so as to be included in the next release.  We will then move
> these packages into /noarch/release on sourceware and acknowledge such,
> at which point you are clear to upload future releases.

So far we have managed to reduce the download area by 20% (16.8 GiB),
which is great progress.  Thank you all for helping make this happen.

The attached list contains packages which on the surface appear to be
noarch but haven't been moved yet.  PLEASE **DOUBLE-CHECK** your
packages on this list, and if your package qualifies, proceed as above.
If not, please state why for future reference.

--
Yaakov

[-- Attachment #2: MAYBE_NOARCH-by-maint.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2417 bytes --]

Achim Gratz			perl-common-sense
Achim Gratz			perl-File-Find-Object
Achim Gratz			perl-File-Find-Object-Rule
Achim Gratz			perl-File-Find-Object-Rule
Achim Gratz			perl-IO-Socket-INET6
Achim Gratz/Yaakov Selkowitz	perl-IO-Socket-IP
Achim Gratz			perl-Module-Build
Achim Gratz			perl-Path-Class
Achim Gratz			perl-Test-Differences
Achim Gratz			perl-Test-TrailingSpace
Achim Gratz/Ken Brown		perl-Text-Glob
Corinna Vinschen		eventlog
Dave Kilroy			chere
David Rothenberger		git-review
David Rothenberger		scons
David Rothenberger		svn_load_dirs
Dr. Volker Zell			ghostscript-fonts-other
Dr. Volker Zell			ghostscript-fonts-std
Dr. Volker Zell			initscripts
Dr. Volker Zell			texi2html
Eric Blake			bashdb
Jari Aalto			apngtools
Jari Aalto			archivemail
Jari Aalto			bsfilter
Jari Aalto			cfget
Jari Aalto			cfv
Jari Aalto			checkbashisms
Jari Aalto			chewmail
Jari Aalto			code2html
Jari Aalto			codeville
Jari Aalto			colorgcc
Jari Aalto			convmv
Jari Aalto			copyright-update
Jari Aalto			ddir
Jari Aalto			flawfinder
Jari Aalto			getmail
Jari Aalto			git-oodiff
Jari Aalto			grepmail
Jari Aalto			gt5
Jari Aalto			guilt
Jari Aalto			ipcalc
Jari Aalto			keychain
Jari Aalto			linklint
Jari Aalto			makepasswd
Jari Aalto			makeself
Jari Aalto			mboxcheck
Jari Aalto			offlineimap
Jari Aalto			oodiff
Jari Aalto			patcher
Jari Aalto			pwget
Jari Aalto			pylint
Jari Aalto			python-paramiko
Jari Aalto			quilt
Jari Aalto			rdtool
Jari Aalto			rsnapshot
Jari Aalto			sendxmpp
Jari Aalto			signify
Jari Aalto			spambayes
Jari Aalto			splitpatch
Jari Aalto			stgit
Jari Aalto			svn-load
Jari Aalto			tailor
Jari Aalto			tnftp
Jari Aalto			txt2regex
Jari Aalto			urlgrabber
Jari Aalto			webcheck
Jari Aalto			xlsx2csv
Jon Turney			buildbot-slave
Jon Turney			cygwin-doc
Jon Turney			cygwin-x-doc
Jon Turney			khronos-opengl-registry
Jonathan Yong			w32api-headers
Ken Brown			_update-info-dir
Marco Atzeri			octave-level-set
Mikhail Usenko			cygcheck-dep
ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)	autobuild
ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)	gcc-tools-epoch1-autoconf
ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)	gcc-tools-epoch1-automake
ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)	gcc-tools-epoch2-autoconf
ORPHANED (Charles Wilson)	gcc-tools-epoch2-automake
ORPHANED (Eric Blake)		asciidoc
ORPHANED (Kostya Altukhov)	colordiff
Serge Lamikhov-Center		ELFIO
Tony Kelman			python-sphinx
Yaakov Selkowitz		python-openssl
Yaakov Selkowitz		python3-openssl
Yaakov Selkowitz		zinnia-tomoe

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-06 22:39   ` Ken Brown
                     ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-06-06 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 6/6/2016 6:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Ken Brown			_update-info-dir

This is obsolete and does nothing but require info, which is in Base
anyway.  Nothing depends on it, so it could just be removed.

Ken

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-06 23:25   ` Warren Young
                     ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Warren Young @ 2016-06-06 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On Jun 6, 2016, at 4:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:

> So far we have managed to reduce the download area by 20% (16.8 GiB)

Nice!

> which is great progress

The next step, of course, is allowing multi-arch packages, so you can upload the -doc subpackage as noarch and the binary subpackages as x86*.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-06 23:59     ` Ken Brown
From: Ken Brown @ 2016-06-06 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 6/6/2016 6:39 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 6/6/2016 6:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Ken Brown            _update-info-dir
>
> This is obsolete and does nothing but require info, which is in Base
> anyway.  Nothing depends on it, so it could just be removed.

On second thought, maybe it should be kept around for a while, just to
make sure that people who had the previous version installed get it
removed.  And of course it can be moved to noarch.

Ken

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-07  8:23   ` Jari Aalto
                     ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Jari Aalto @ 2016-06-07  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

| ... maintainers MUST email a list of their package(s) which qualify
| as noarch AND are already marked ARCH=noarch ...

Checked. All can be moved to noarch, except:

   tnftp (compiled C)

Jari

Packages:

@ 2016-06-07 10:02   ` Corinna Vinschen
                     ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2016-06-07 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Yaakov,

On Jun  6 17:23, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> So far we have managed to reduce the download area by 20% (16.8 GiB), which
> is great progress.  Thank you all for helping make this happen.
>
> The attached list contains packages which on the surface appear to be noarch
> but haven't been moved yet.  PLEASE **DOUBLE-CHECK** your packages on this
> list, and if your package qualifies, proceed as above. If not, please state
> why for future reference.
>
> --
> Yaakov

> Corinna Vinschen		eventlog

Not noarch, it's a library.

Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                     ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-06-07 10:07   ` Marco Atzeri
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-06-07 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 07/06/2016 00:23, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-10 17:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Package Maintainers,
>>
>> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
>> thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
>> upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
>> uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
>> of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
>> disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>>
>> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages
>> thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the
>> file contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64.
>> Examples include, but are not limited to, packages which contain only:

this is not a noarch one

@ 2016-06-07 11:23           ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-06-07 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 06/06/2016 18:58, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-11 16:31, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

>>> /usr/lib/octave/packages/
>>> contains the arch specific in this case in mex variant.
>>
>> Oops, it seems cygport knows nothing of this, only of .oct.  Could you
>> please try rebuilding one of those with the following patch to cygport
>> and see if it behaves properly (.mex are executable, stripped, and
>> binary dependencies listed in requires:)?
>
> Ping?

mex are recognized and properly stripped

Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
--------------+---------+-----------------------
          tsa  |   4.4.1 | .../inst/usr/share/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1
Fixing symlinks:
Stripping executables:

usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/covm_mex.mex

usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/histo_mex.mex

usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/sumskipnan_mex.mex

but dependency are not catched. They should be:

$ cyg-dependency ./covm_mex.mex
/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll  =>  cygwin-2.5.1-1
/usr/bin/cyggomp-1.dll  =>  libgomp1-5.3.0-5
/usr/bin/cygoctinterp-3.dll  =>  octave-4.0.1-1

bit cygport only reports the forced one

@ 2016-06-07 13:58   ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2016-06-07 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 06/06/2016 04:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-05-10 17:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Package Maintainers,
>>
>> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
>> thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
>> upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
>> uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
>> of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
>> disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>>

> Eric Blake			bashdb

I'm still listed as maintainer here? I thought you took over. But yes,
should be safe as noarch.

> ORPHANED (Eric Blake)		asciidoc

Probably noarch, but I don't intend to package this one (the orphaned
status remains).

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-07 15:14     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-06-07 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-07 08:58, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 06/06/2016 04:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Eric Blake			bashdb
>
> I'm still listed as maintainer here? I thought you took over. But yes,
> should be safe as noarch.

I took bash-completion, never looked at bashdb.

>> ORPHANED (Eric Blake)		asciidoc
>
> Probably noarch, but I don't intend to package this one (the orphaned
> status remains).

Thanks, moved both.

--

@ 2016-06-07 15:16       ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-06-07 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-06 18:59, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 6/6/2016 6:39 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 6/6/2016 6:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> Ken Brown            _update-info-dir
>>
>> This is obsolete and does nothing but require info, which is in Base
>> anyway.  Nothing depends on it, so it could just be removed.
>
> On second thought, maybe it should be kept around for a while, just to
> make sure that people who had the previous version installed get it
> removed.

Experience shows that people sometimes wait a VERY long time to update,
so I recommend keeping around upgrade helpers indefinitely.

@ 2016-06-07 15:34       ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2016-06-07 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 06/07/2016 09:14 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-06-07 08:58, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On 06/06/2016 04:23 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>>> Eric Blake            bashdb
>>
>> I'm still listed as maintainer here? I thought you took over. But yes,
>> should be safe as noarch.
>
> I took bash-completion, never looked at bashdb.

Oh, right. Then I'd better take a closer look at this one (it's been far
too long since I've repackaged it, anyways).  On my plate to look at
refreshing the package later this week.

@ 2016-06-07 19:59   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-06-07 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> The attached list contains packages which on the surface appear to be
> noarch but haven't been moved yet.  PLEASE **DOUBLE-CHECK** your
> packages on this list, and if your package qualifies, proceed as
> above. If not, please state why for future reference.

Achim Gratz			perl-common-sense

This installs into the arch-specific branches of vendor_perl because it
uses some Perl internals that are specific to the runtime config.
Actually I'll have to re-spin that package since it tries to install
into the 5.14 branch.

Achim Gratz			perl-File-Find-Object
Achim Gratz			perl-File-Find-Object-Rule
Achim Gratz			perl-IO-Socket-INET6
Achim Gratz/Yaakov Selkowitz	perl-IO-Socket-IP
Achim Gratz			perl-Module-Build
Achim Gratz			perl-Path-Class
Achim Gratz			perl-Test-Differences
Achim Gratz			perl-Test-TrailingSpace
Achim Gratz/Ken Brown		perl-Text-Glob

These were false negatives on dedup due to timestamps in (HTML)
documentation.  You can move them to noarch.

PS:
Achim Gratz			perl-File-Find-Object-Rule

Why was this listed twice?

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-07 21:30     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-06-07 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-07 14:58, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz			perl-common-sense
>
> This installs into the arch-specific branches of vendor_perl because it
> uses some Perl internals that are specific to the runtime config.

Noted.

@ 2016-06-07 21:44             ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-06-07 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-07 06:23, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> mex are recognized and properly stripped
>
> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>          tsa  |   4.4.1 | .../inst/usr/share/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1
> Fixing symlinks:
> Stripping executables:
> usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/covm_mex.mex
> usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/histo_mex.mex
> usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/sumskipnan_mex.mex
>
> but dependency are not catched. They should be:
>
> $ cyg-dependency ./covm_mex.mex
> /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll  =>  cygwin-2.5.1-1
> /usr/bin/cyggomp-1.dll  =>  libgomp1-5.3.0-5
> /usr/bin/cygoctinterp-3.dll  =>  octave-4.0.1-1
>
> bit cygport only reports the forced one

Which should be removable...

That's not what I'm seeing locally:

 >>> octave-tsa requires: cygwin libgomp1 octave octave

Are you compiling this natively?

BTW, on my system, pkg build actually creates
NAME-VERSION-ARCH-API.tar.gz instead of just NAME-VERSION.tar.gz as in
the .cygport file, which necessitates a change to pkg install.  Am I
missing something here?

--

@ 2016-06-07 23:41               ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-06-07 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 07/06/2016 23:44, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> On 2016-06-07 06:23, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> mex are recognized and properly stripped
>>
>> Package Name  | Version | Installation directory
>> --------------+---------+-----------------------
>>          tsa  |   4.4.1 | .../inst/usr/share/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1
>> Fixing symlinks:
>> Stripping executables:
>> usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/covm_mex.mex
>>
>> usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/histo_mex.mex
>>
>> usr/lib/octave/packages/tsa-4.4.1/x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+/sumskipnan_mex.mex
>>

>> but dependency are not catched. They should be:
>>
>> $ cyg-dependency ./covm_mex.mex
>> /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll  =>  cygwin-2.5.1-1
>> /usr/bin/cyggomp-1.dll  =>  libgomp1-5.3.0-5
>> /usr/bin/cygoctinterp-3.dll  =>  octave-4.0.1-1
>>
>> bit cygport only reports the forced one
>
> Which should be removable...

yes, it is there by default to catch the noarch package

> That's not what I'm seeing locally:

> Are you compiling this natively?

  x86_64 for x86_64

> BTW, on my system, pkg build actually creates
> NAME-VERSION-ARCH-API.tar.gz instead of just NAME-VERSION.tar.gz as in
> the .cygport file, which necessitates a change to pkg install.  Am I
> missing something here?

in the build directory, it is correct

$ find octave-tsa-4.4.1-1.x86_64/build/ -type f
octave-tsa-4.4.1-1.x86_64/build/octave_packages
octave-tsa-4.4.1-1.x86_64/build/tsa-4.4.1-x86_64-unknown-cygwin-api-v50+.tar.gz

it is the result of a change in octave dev that I backported
for other reason on 4.0.2.
I should check if the API portion was intentional or it is
a mistake.

Attached the modified cygport file to handle the new situation.
Now also cygport check is implemented.

Regards
Marco

[-- Attachment #2: octave-tsa.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2071 bytes --]

FORGE="tsa"
NAME="octave-tsa"
VERSION=4.4.1
OV=4.4.1
RELEASE=1

CATEGORY="Math"
SUMMARY="Forge : time series analysis"
DESCRIPTION="${SUMMARY}
Contributed functions for GNU Octave from octave.sourceforge.net"
HOMEPAGE="http://octave.sourceforge.net/"

SRC_URI="http://matzeri.altervista.org/octave-forge/${FORGE}-${PV}.tar"
SRC_DIR="tsa-${PV}"
PATCH_URI="do-octave-update.patch"

PKG_NAMES="${PN}"
octave_tsa_CONTENTS='etc/ usr/'
octave_tsa_REQUIRES="octave"

src_compile() {
        cd ${D}
        dodir /usr/share/octave/packages
        dodir /usr/lib/octave/packages
	export DL_LDFLAGS="-shared -fopenmp"

        octave-cli --eval "
        echo on
        diary ../log/diary
        more off
        pkg prefix ${D}/usr/share/octave/packages/ ${D}/usr/lib/octave/packages/
        pkg global_list  ${B}/octave_packages
        pkg build -nodeps -noauto -global -verbose ${B} ${S}/${FORGE}-${PV}.tar.gz
        echo off
"
}

src_test() {
        cd ${D}
        dodir /usr/share/octave/packages
        dodir /usr/lib/octave/packages
        testdir="'"${FORGE}-${PV}"'"

        cd ${B}
        sed -e "2s/global_packages/local_packages/" octave_packages > octave_packages_local

        cd ${D}
        octave-cli --eval "
        echo on
        diary ../log/diary
        more off
        pkg local_list  ${B}/octave_packages_local
        pkg load ${FORGE}
        pkg list
        cd ${D}/usr/share/octave/packages
        __run_test_suite__ ({${testdir}}, {})
        echo off
"
        mv ${D}/usr/share/octave/packages/fntests.log ${D}/../log

}

src_install() {
        cd ${D}
        dodir /usr/share/octave/packages
        dodir /usr/lib/octave/packages
        binpkg=$(find ${B} -name "*gz")
	export DL_LDFLAGS="-shared -fopenmp"

        octave-cli --eval "
        echo on
        diary ../log/diary
        more off
        pkg prefix ${D}/usr/share/octave/packages/ ${D}/usr/lib/octave/packages/
        pkg global_list  ${B}/octave_packages
        pkg install -nodeps -noauto -global -verbose ${binpkg}
        pkg list
        echo off
"

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-08 18:51     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-06-08 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
>> The attached list contains packages which on the surface appear to be
>> noarch but haven't been moved yet.  PLEASE **DOUBLE-CHECK** your
>> packages on this list, and if your package qualifies, proceed as
>> above. If not, please state why for future reference.
>
> Achim Gratz			perl-common-sense
>
> This installs into the arch-specific branches of vendor_perl because it
> uses some Perl internals that are specific to the runtime config.

That is still true.  Anything that goes into some directory starting
with ${arch}-cygwin-threads is similarly arch-dependent even if it
doesn't register as "binary" with filemagic (just in case you want to
use that in some check in cygport).

> Actually I'll have to re-spin that package since it tries to install
> into the 5.14 branch.

Scratch that, I've looked at the [prev] archive yesterday.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0 (+ python-feedparser)
@ 2016-06-09  5:12     ` Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2016-06-09  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

<jari.aalto-w6EBCRcXQ4deoWH0uzbU5w(at)public.gmane.org>:
| | ... maintainers MUST email a list of their package(s) which qualify
| | as noarch AND are already marked ARCH=noarch ...
|
| Checked. All can be moved to noarch (...)

Add this to the noarch list too:

   python-feedparser

Jari

@ 2016-06-09 18:37                 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-06-09 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 08/06/2016 01:41, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 07/06/2016 23:44, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> On 2016-06-07 06:23, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> mex are recognized and properly stripped

>>> but dependency are not catched. They should be:
>>>
>>> $ cyg-dependency ./covm_mex.mex
>>> /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll  =>  cygwin-2.5.1-1
>>> /usr/bin/cyggomp-1.dll  =>  libgomp1-5.3.0-5
>>> /usr/bin/cygoctinterp-3.dll  =>  octave-4.0.1-1
>>>
>>> bit cygport only reports the forced one
>>
>> Which should be removable...
>
> yes, it is there by default to catch the noarch package

>> That's not what I'm seeing locally:

I assume you have on your local copy something like
the attached patch that however I don't see in
cygport- 0.22.0-1 nor in the git version.

with that, I also catch:

 >>> octave-tsa requires: cygwin libgomp1 octave octave

[-- Attachment #2: pkg_info.cygpart.patch --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1240 bytes --]

--- pkg_info.cygpart_bk	2016-06-09 20:25:36.109875600 +0200
+++ pkg_info.cygpart	2016-06-09 20:31:49.199737400 +0200
@@ -167,8 +167,9 @@

 	# *.so: Apache2 modules, OCaml stublibs, Ruby modules
 	# *.oct: Octave modules
+	# *.mex: Octave Matlab modules

@ 2016-06-10 14:11   ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2016-06-10 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 06/06/2016 23:23, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Jon Turney			buildbot-slave
> Jon Turney			cygwin-x-doc
> Jon Turney			khronos-opengl-registry

These are all noarch.

 > Jon Turney			cygwin-doc

This could be noarched at the moment, but once I get around to
upstreaming the changes which let this be built from the same source as
the cygwin(|-devel|-debuginfo) packages, it won't be, so perhaps we can
leave this as archful for the moment.

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0 (+ python-logilab-*)
@ 2016-06-11  7:15       ` Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 2016-06-11  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-09 08:11, Jari Aalto wrote:
| <jari.aalto-w6EBCRcXQ4deoWH0uzbU5w(at)public.gmane.org>:
| | | ... maintainers MUST email a list of their package(s) which qualify
| | | as noarch AND are already marked ARCH=noarch ...
| |
| | Checked. All can be moved to noarch (...)
|
| Add this to the noarch list too:
|
|    python-feedparser

And these:

   python-logilab-astng
   python-logilab-common

| | Packages:
| |
| | Jari Aalto                    apngtools
| | Jari Aalto                    archivemail
| | Jari Aalto                    bsfilter
| | Jari Aalto                    cfget
| | Jari Aalto                    cfv
| | Jari Aalto                    checkbashisms
| | Jari Aalto                    chewmail
| | Jari Aalto                    code2html
| | Jari Aalto                    codeville
| | Jari Aalto                    colorgcc
| | Jari Aalto                    convmv
| | Jari Aalto                    copyright-update
| | Jari Aalto                    ddir
| | Jari Aalto                    flawfinder
| | Jari Aalto                    getmail
| | Jari Aalto                    git-oodiff
| | Jari Aalto                    grepmail
| | Jari Aalto                    gt5
| | Jari Aalto                    guilt
| | Jari Aalto                    ipcalc
| | Jari Aalto                    keychain
| | Jari Aalto                    linklint
| | Jari Aalto                    makepasswd
| | Jari Aalto                    makeself
| | Jari Aalto                    mboxcheck
| | Jari Aalto                    offlineimap
| | Jari Aalto                    oodiff
| | Jari Aalto                    patcher
| | Jari Aalto                    pwget
| | Jari Aalto                    pylint
| | Jari Aalto                    python-paramiko
| | Jari Aalto                    quilt
| | Jari Aalto                    rdtool
| | Jari Aalto                    rsnapshot
| | Jari Aalto                    sendxmpp
| | Jari Aalto                    signify
| | Jari Aalto                    spambayes
| | Jari Aalto                    splitpatch
| | Jari Aalto                    stgit
| | Jari Aalto                    svn-load
| | Jari Aalto                    tailor
| | Jari Aalto                    tnftp
| | Jari Aalto                    txt2regex
| | Jari Aalto                    urlgrabber
| | Jari Aalto                    webcheck
| | Jari Aalto                    xlsx2csv

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
                   ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-06-28 19:38 ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2016-06-28 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

    > Package Maintainers,
    > cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and thanks to
    > Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for upset which generates
    > setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be uploaded once under the
    > /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each of /x86/release and
    > /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save disk space and bandwidth for
    > both sourceware and our mirrors.

    > A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages thereof
    > do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the file contents
    > are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64. Examples include, but are not
    > limited to, packages which contain only:

Please move mine:

	ghostscript-fonts-other
	ghostscript-fonts-std
	initscripts
	texi2html

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-06-28 19:49   ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2016-06-28 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

    >> Package Maintainers,
    >> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and thanks to
    >> Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for upset which generates
    >> setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be uploaded once under the
    >> /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each of /x86/release and
    >> /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save disk space and bandwidth for
    >> both sourceware and our mirrors.

    >> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages thereof
    >> do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the file contents
    >> are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64. Examples include, but are not
    >> limited to, packages which contain only:

    > Please move mine:

    > 	ghostscript-fonts-other
    > 	ghostscript-fonts-std
    > 	initscripts
    > 	texi2html

Also move

 aspell-pl
 aspell-sv
 aspell-de
 aspell-en

By the way Yaakov I saw that you have taken a couple of other aspell dicts...
if you like I can hand over mine.

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0
@ 2016-07-07  6:18     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-07-07  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-28 14:48, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Please move mine:
>
> 	ghostscript-fonts-other
> 	ghostscript-fonts-std
> 	initscripts
> 	texi2html

Done.

> Also move
>
>  aspell-pl
>  aspell-sv
>  aspell-de
>  aspell-en

Due to an upstream bug, dictionaries actually differ when built on
32-bit and 64-bit systems.  This has been fixed upstream but not yet in
a release.  Therefore, they must be archful for now.

@ 2016-07-08  5:21     ` Yaakov Selkowitz
From: Yaakov Selkowitz @ 2016-07-08  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2016-06-10 09:11, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 06/06/2016 23:23, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> Jon Turney            buildbot-slave
>> Jon Turney            cygwin-x-doc
>> Jon Turney            khronos-opengl-registry
>
> These are all noarch.

Moved.

>> Jon Turney            cygwin-doc
>
> This could be noarched at the moment, but once I get around to
> upstreaming the changes which let this be built from the same source as
> the cygwin(|-devel|-debuginfo) packages, it won't be, so perhaps we can
> leave this as archful for the moment.

Agreed.

--
Yaakov

* Moving packages between arch and noarch
                   ` (11 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2019-06-14 15:36 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2019-06-14 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 10/05/2016 23:11, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Package Maintainers,
>
> cygport 0.22.0 is on its way to the mirrors.  With this release, and
> thanks to Jon Turney's continuing work on calm (the replacement for
> upset which generates setup.ini), packages marked ARCH=noarch will be
> uploaded once under the /noarch/release hierarchy instead of into each
> of /x86/release and /x86_64/release.  This change is intended to save
> disk space and bandwidth for both sourceware and our mirrors.
>
> A package should be marked ARCH=noarch IF AND ONLY IF *all* subpackages
> thereof do not contain anything compiled with the *native* gcc, and the
> file contents are (or can be) 100% identical for x86 and x86_64.
> Examples include, but are not limited to, packages which contain only:
>
> * documentation;
> * scripts;
> * fonts;
> * icon themes;
> * other runtime data;
> * C/C++ headers without a library;
> * libraries for cross-compiler toolchains.
> * pure Lua/Perl/Python/Ruby/Tcl modules without C/C++ bindings.
>
> Once you have upgraded to cygport 0.22.0, maintainers MUST email a list
> of their package(s) which qualify as noarch AND are already marked
> ARCH=noarch or will be with the next release.  (Note that inheriting
> cross.cygclass implies ARCH=noarch.)  A new release is NOT necessary
> just to add ARCH=noarch to the .cygport, just that it should be added
> locally so as to be included in the next release.  We will then move
> these packages into /noarch/release on sourceware and acknowledge such,
> at which point you are clear to upload future releases.

I recently deployed a calm update which makes this process (and it's
reverse, when a previously noarch package becomes archful) no longer
require any manual steps.

So, going forward, you may build each version of a package with
ARCH=noarch and upload to noarch/, or without, and upload to x86/ and
x86_64/.

(But not both! Attempting to upload a package version which already
exists with different archfullness will be rejected)

(More complex reconfigurations, where packages are split/merged/renamed
still require manual adjustments)

* Re: Moving packages between arch and noarch
@ 2019-06-18 17:53   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2019-06-18 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon Turney writes:
> I recently deployed a calm update which makes this process (and it's
> reverse, when a previously noarch package becomes archful) no longer
> require any manual steps.
>
> So, going forward, you may build each version of a package with
> ARCH=noarch and upload to noarch/, or without, and upload to x86/ and
> x86_64/.

Thanks, that should earn you a couple gold stars!  Andrew?

Regards,
Achim.

* [GOLDSTAR] Re: Moving packages between arch and noarch
@ 2019-07-25 18:14     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2019-07-25 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> Jon Turney writes:
>> I recently deployed a calm update which makes this process (and it's
>> reverse, when a previously noarch package becomes archful) no longer
>> require any manual steps.
>>
>> So, going forward, you may build each version of a package with
>> ARCH=noarch and upload to noarch/, or without, and upload to x86/ and
>> x86_64/.
>
> Thanks, that should earn you a couple gold stars!  Andrew?

Let's see if I get Andrews attention this time…
:-)

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [GOLDSTAR] Re: Moving packages between arch and noarch
@ 2019-07-25 19:58       ` Andrew Schulman via cygwin-apps
From: Andrew Schulman via cygwin-apps @ 2019-07-25 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Whoop! Awarded! https://cygwin.com/goldstars/#JTy