public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Re: calm: cygwin package upload report for David Rothenberger
       [not found] <0f3817a5-a123-9453-4cfb-2faa59985c11@sourceware.org>
@ 2020-04-07 15:07 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2020-04-07 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 07/04/2020 01:41, cygwin-no-reply@cygwin.com wrote:
> WARNING: package 'libao' version '1.2.0-1' has empty install tar file, but it's not in the _obsolete category

It looks like this package is empty on x86, but contains documentation
on x86_64.

I guess this is perhaps because some tool used to build documentation is
present for the x86_64 build, but not the x86 build (in which case, you
might want to consider adding that tool to DEPEND so you get told about
that a build time?)

See https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/libao.html

* Re: calm: cygwin package upload report for David Rothenberger
@ 2020-04-07 15:38   ` David Rothenberger
From: David Rothenberger @ 2020-04-07 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney, cygwin-apps

On 4/7/2020 8:07 AM, Jon Turney wrote:

> On 07/04/2020 01:41, cygwin-no-reply@cygwin.com wrote:
>> WARNING: package 'libao' version '1.2.0-1' has empty install tar file,
>> but it's not in the _obsolete category
>
> It looks like this package is empty on x86, but contains documentation
> on x86_64.
>
> I guess this is perhaps because some tool used to build documentation is
> present for the x86_64 build, but not the x86 build (in which case, you
> might want to consider adding that tool to DEPEND so you get told about
> that a build time?)

The documentation exists for x86 as well, it's just in the libao4
package for x86.

The packaging is different for x86 and x86_64 for historical reasons
only. I'll change the x86 packaging to match the x86_64 structure and
upload new packages shortly.

Regards,
David

"Floggings will continue until morale improves."
                 -- anonymous flyer being distributed at Exxon USA