public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Questions on package adoption conventions
@ 2015-10-30 21:48 Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2015-10-30 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Q1: Does a new maintainer typically put out a new package version upon
take-over, or can he/she run with the existing version number and just
keep bumping the build number (e.g. for bug fixes)?

Q2: Does the location hosting a test build for external review have to be
the same location used to host final builds?

Q3: What kind of external access is typically used for hosting final
builds?  I've run a micro-ISP that allowed on-request FTP access, by IP
address, to customers, but have not needed to run anonymous FTP to this
point.  What about SSH/SFTP?  Is there such a thing as anonymous SFTP?
Does HTTP and/or HTTPS access need to be provided?

Detailed suggestions for that last question would be welcomed.  I'd like
to make it least-hassle for reviewers and whatever a source install of my
packages would require, but still keep the hosting machine as secured as
can be managed.

..mark