public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ATTN. Maintainer] libargp
@ 2021-05-25 19:15 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2021-05-25 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Hi Andrew,

I might use libargp on mingw64 (for zchunk), so I've updated your
package to the latest gnulib and added the two mingw64 packages.  Please
have a look.

The files are on the libargp branch of the playground repository:
https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages?p=git/cygwin-packages/playground.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/libargp

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ATTN. Maintainer] libargp
@ 2021-05-29 20:22 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2021-05-29 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Achim Gratz writes:
> The files are on the libargp branch of the playground repository:
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages?p=git/cygwin-packages/playground.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/libargp

I've updated the branch with a bugfix.  Some parts had been refactored
out of argp.h into config.h so the standalone library (which doesn't
install config.h of course) would build & test OK, but you couldn't
compile a project using the installed version. I'm putting these
definitions back during install and you can actually compile with it
now, both on the native and the MinGW64 toolchains.  I've also
re-arranged a things so that the source package actually has all the
files necessary for building.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: [ATTN. Maintainer] libargp
@ 2021-06-15 17:32   ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2021-06-15 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

> Achim Gratz writes:
> > The files are on the libargp branch of the playground repository:
> > https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages?p=git/cygwin-packages/playground.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/libargp
>
> I've updated the branch with a bugfix.  Some parts had been refactored
> out of argp.h into config.h so the standalone library (which doesn't
> install config.h of course) would build & test OK, but you couldn't
> compile a project using the installed version. I'm putting these
> definitions back during install and you can actually compile with it
> now, both on the native and the MinGW64 toolchains.  I've also
> re-arranged a things so that the source package actually has all the
> files necessary for building.

Thank you! I haven't updated that package in years. I'll take a look soon.
Andrew