public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* rebuilding python pip from source
@ 2019-03-04 11:57 Doug Henderson
From: Doug Henderson @ 2019-03-04 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin Apps

I am trying to rebuild the python37-pip package from source.
Checking source in setup gives me /usr/src/python-pip-19.0.2-1.src/
When I try to build the package I get an error:

    $ cygport python-pip.cygport all
    *** ERROR: python27-pip is required to build this package

Initially I got errors saying python36-pip, etc. were required, so I
installed the binary and source packages for them, but there is no
python27-pip or python2-pip package available to install.

Ultimately I intend to completely rebuild from source both Python 2.7 and 3.7
and all the other packages named "^python.*".

Doug
--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada - from gmail.com