public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Fwd: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for Marco Atzeri
       [not found] <20180807173506.79420.5682@sourceware.org>
@ 2018-08-07 17:55 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-08-07 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon,
it seems that the upload of guile2.0 am guile-2.2
need a manual intervention

Betreff: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for
Marco Atzeri
Datum: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 17:35:06 -0000

ERROR: package 'libguile2.0-devel' is at paths
x86/release/guile/libguile2.0-devel and
x86/release/guile2.0/libguile2.0-devel
ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86 packages for Marco Atzeri
SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s), 10 INFO(s)

---

* Re: Fwd: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for Marco Atzeri
@ 2018-08-08  4:28   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-08-08  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 07.08.2018 um 19:55 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> Jon,
> it seems that the upload of guile2.0 am guile-2.2
> need a manual intervention

> Betreff: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for
> Marco Atzeri
> Datum: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 17:35:06 -0000
>
> ERROR: package 'libguile2.0-devel' is at paths
> x86/release/guile/libguile2.0-devel and
> x86/release/guile2.0/libguile2.0-devel
> ERROR: error while merging uploaded x86 packages for Marco Atzeri
> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s), 10 INFO(s)

I was able to move around the needed directories by myself.

"calm" is not complaining anymore

Regards
Marco

---

* Re: Fwd: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for Marco Atzeri
@ 2018-08-08 11:56     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2018-08-08 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 08/08/2018 05:27, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 07.08.2018 um 19:55 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
>> Jon,
>> it seems that the upload of guile2.0 am guile-2.2
>> need a manual intervention

Ok, glad you got that sorted.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

You should be aware that the relarea contents are only re-read by calm
at 00:10 UTC and every four hours thereafter.

(At the moment, it's only possible for cygwin-admin to request that scan
happen sooner. It's on my backlog [1] to fix that.)

[1] https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2017-07/msg00013.html

* Re: Fwd: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for Marco Atzeri
@ 2016-07-30 15:27       ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2016-07-30 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Atzeri, cygwin-apps

On 30/07/2016 14:15, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 30/07/2016 13:47, Jon Turney wrote:
>> But that's not usually appropriate for an old soversion of a shared
>> library (even though it has no users left in the distro, there may be
>> 3rd party packages or local builds which depend on the old soversion),
>> so it should be kept.
>
> tried also that.
>
> Leaving 6.9.0.0-4 libs as they are but calm also complains
> that the package "libMagickCore6" and "libMagickC++6_5" are incomplete.
> So I can not update ImageMagick at all.

Hmm... I don't see an attempt to do that.  Perhaps things were confused
by some of the remove tokens remaining?

> All the files are in the stage area now, I just avoided to put
> the "!ready" tag.

Ok.  I adjusted things to keep the old soversion and set !ready and this
seems to have moved the right things to the right places.

Note that there does seem to be a difference between these libraries,
and between x86 and x86_64:

x86
libMagicCore6   6.9.1.3-3  empty, obsoleted by libMagickCore6_2
libMagicC++6_5  6.9.0.0-4

x86_64
libMagicCore6   6.9.0.0-4  empty, obsoleted by libMagickCore6_2
libMagicC++6_5  6.9.0.0-4

>> I'd appreciate your help in understanding if either of those cases
>> applies to these packages, or if something else is needed here...
>
> currently nothing on cygwin depends on
>
> libMagickC++6_5
> libMagickCore6
>
> They were obsoleted ~ 1 year ago
> https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-07/msg00003.html

I guess we need a better way to deal with these things.

* Re: Fwd: calm: cygwin package upload report from sourceware.org for Marco Atzeri
@ 2016-07-30 13:16     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2016-07-30 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Turney, cygwin-apps

       [not found] ` <3a4842fb-bebb-2536-38b7-506e0fa08040@gmail.com>