public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITA] jq
@ 2023-08-29 14:26 Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2023-08-29 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I'd like to adopt the jq package. It's currently orphaned from Yaakov. I have an
updated build script ready to push up for the current release (1.6-1), and a new
release (1.7) is expected soon. Andrew

* Re: [ITA] jq
@ 2023-08-30 12:46 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-08-30 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Schulman, Andrew, Brian Inglis, cygwin-apps

On 29/08/2023 15:26, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> I'd like to adopt the jq package. It's currently orphaned from Yaakov. I have an
> updated build script ready to push up for the current release (1.6-1), and a new
> release (1.7) is expected soon. Andrew

Thanks.

I think Brian was looking at jq, so perhaps he can chime in.

* Re: [ITA] jq
@ 2023-08-30 17:25   ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2023-08-30 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 2023-08-30 06:46, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 29/08/2023 15:26, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> I'd like to adopt the jq package. It's currently orphaned from Yaakov. I have an
>> updated build script ready to push up for the current release (1.6-1), and a new
>> release (1.7) is expected soon. Andrew

> I think Brian was looking at jq, so perhaps he can chime in.

Thanks Jon,

Okay by me - Andrew asked first - I was still looking into the check shtest
crash in 1.6 and 1.7 rcs from:

	bash $ jq -b -cen --seq '[inputs] == []' <<< 1

and not getting to a definitive cause yet.

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

* Re: [ITA] jq
@ 2023-08-31 14:08     ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2023-08-31 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, Schulman, Andrew

On 30/08/2023 18:25, Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 2023-08-30 06:46, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 29/08/2023 15:26, Andrew Schulman via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> I'd like to adopt the jq package. It's currently orphaned from
>>> Yaakov. I have an
>>> updated build script ready to push up for the current release
>>> (1.6-1), and a new
>>> release (1.7) is expected soon. Andrew
>
>> I think Brian was looking at jq, so perhaps he can chime in.
>
> Thanks Jon,
>
> Okay by me - Andrew asked first - I was still looking into the check

No problem, just thought I would check.

Andrew,

I have added this to your packages

Thanks for adopting this.

Please award yourself the mandatory gold star!