public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* cygport does not automatically generate dependencies
@ 2020-06-12  5:44 DRC
From: DRC @ 2020-06-12  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I am attempting to create a new Cygwin package for my open source
software (VirtualGL) using cygport.  The package is generated correctly,
but the "requires" field in the auto-generated hint is empty.  The
documentation for cygport implies that it should automatically generate
package dependencies.  I've spent the last two hours googling for a
solution, to no avail.  What am I missing?  The package builds three
executables that should depend on libGL1, libX11_6, libXext6, libXtst6,
and libturbojpeg0.

DRC

* Re: cygport does not automatically generate dependencies
@ 2020-06-12  7:03 ` ASSI
From: ASSI @ 2020-06-12  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

DRC via Cygwin-apps writes:
> I am attempting to create a new Cygwin package for my open source
> software (VirtualGL) using cygport.  The package is generated correctly,
> but the "requires" field in the auto-generated hint is empty.  The
> documentation for cygport implies that it should automatically generate
> package dependencies.

That only works when you don't cross-compile and you didn't say whether
you are or not.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: cygport does not automatically generate dependencies
@ 2020-06-12  9:29   ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2020-06-12  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 12.06.2020 09:03, ASSI wrote:
> DRC via Cygwin-apps writes:
>> I am attempting to create a new Cygwin package for my open source
>> software (VirtualGL) using cygport.  The package is generated correctly,
>> but the "requires" field in the auto-generated hint is empty.  The
>> documentation for cygport implies that it should automatically generate
>> package dependencies.
>
> That only works when you don't cross-compile and you didn't say whether
> you are or not.

and if you have installed the cygwin packages for the build
and you are not using your own hand installed one.

   cygport --debug <cygport_file> deps

will be very verbose on the dependencies check

> Regards,
> Achim.

Regards
Marco

* Re: cygport does not automatically generate dependencies
@ 2020-06-12 15:06     ` DRC
From: DRC @ 2020-06-12 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 6/12/20 4:29 AM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> That only works when you don't cross-compile and you didn't say whether
>> you are or not.
>
> and if you have installed the cygwin packages for the build
> and you are not using your own hand installed one.
>
>   cygport --debug <cygport_file> deps
>
> will be very verbose on the dependencies check

I figured it out.  Apparently the cygport script requires .exe files to
have execute permissions in order to check dependencies on them, and for
whatever reason, when running my build on a shared network drive, those
files weren't created with the correct permissions.  I ran the build on
a local drive, and it works properly now.