public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
To: Libor Ukropec <ace@seznam.cz>,
	"cygwin-apps@cygwin.com" <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Subject: Re: [ITP] picocom 3.1
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 17:58:39 +0000	[thread overview]

On 07/01/2023 13:26, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 03/01/2023 23:02, Libor Ukropec via Cygwin-apps wrote:

>> DESCRIPTION="picocom was designed to serve as a simple, manual, modem
>>   configuration, testing, and debugging tool. It has also served (quite
>>   well) as a low-tech \"terminal-window\" to allow operator intervention
>>   in PPP connection scripts (something like the ms-windows \"open
>>   terminal window before / after dialing\" feature). It could also prove
>>   useful in many other similar tasks. It is ideal for embedded systems
>>   since its memory footprint is minimal."
Ah, I should have spotted: there is no quote character defined for these
strings, so this is invalid. Probably you should use embedded single
quotes instead here.

This could do with fixing, but I suspect that it's not totally
straightforward (I think the lexer in setup would need to be taught how
to handle them, and then we'd need to ensure these escapes pass through
cygport and calm)