public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* [ITP] libtommath
@ 2019-11-26 19:22 Jan Nijtmans
From: Jan Nijtmans @ 2019-11-26 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygapps

Hi all,

Libtommath (version 1.2.0) is a multiple-precision integer library which
is available on various Linux platforms (e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora). Tcl 8.6
has its own libtommath fork built-in, but it's planned to change that
for Tcl 8.7: Tcl 8.7 will depend on libtommath 1.2.0 (or later). That's
why I would like this package to be available for Cygwin.

I created a libtommath.cygport file, and managed to create x64 and i686
cygwin packages for it. If approved, can you please add those to
the cygwin-pkg-maint file and have these owned by me. Then I will
upload them.

The package files can be found (temporary) here:
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4y11za6dv5fwdh9/AAAm127uiszYkEIq9HTbxakKa?dl=0>

libtommath1
libtommath-doc
libtommath-devel
libtommath-debuginfo

Thanks!

Regards,
      Jan Nijtmans

* Re: [ITP] libtommath
@ 2019-11-26 19:40 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2019-11-26 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 26.11.2019 um 13:21 schrieb Jan Nijtmans:
> Hi all,
>
> Libtommath (version 1.2.0) is a multiple-precision integer library which
> is available on various Linux platforms (e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora). Tcl 8.6
> has its own libtommath fork built-in, but it's planned to change that
> for Tcl 8.7: Tcl 8.7 will depend on libtommath 1.2.0 (or later). That's
> why I would like this package to be available for Cygwin.

your cygport has some problem at package action

*** Warning: libtommath.hint is missing

no idea why, but your cygport is a bit unusual in defining the
variables

> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
>        Jan Nijtmans

* Re: [ITP] libtommath
@ 2019-11-26 20:05   ` Jan Nijtmans
From: Jan Nijtmans @ 2019-11-26 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygapps

Op di 26 nov. 2019 om 20:22 schreef Marco Atzeri:

> Am 26.11.2019 um 13:21 schrieb Jan Nijtmans:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Libtommath (version 1.2.0) is a multiple-precision integer library which
> > is available on various Linux platforms (e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora). Tcl 8.6
> > has its own libtommath fork built-in, but it's planned to change that
> > for Tcl 8.7: Tcl 8.7 will depend on libtommath 1.2.0 (or later). That's
> > why I would like this package to be available for Cygwin.
> >

> your cygport has some problem at package action
>
> *** Warning: libtommath.hint is missing
>
> no idea why, but your cygport is a bit unusual in defining the
> variables

Yes, I saw this warning. Also don't known why. The resulting package
works!   And since libtommath doesn't have any dependencies ...

I could use some advise how to do this better!

Thanks!
      Jan Nijtmans

* Re: [ITP] libtommath
@ 2019-11-29 12:08     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2019-11-29 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 26.11.2019 um 20:41 schrieb Jan Nijtmans:
> Op di 26 nov. 2019 om 20:22 schreef Marco Atzeri:
>>

>> your cygport has some problem at package action
>>
>> *** Warning: libtommath.hint is missing
>>
>> no idea why, but your cygport is a bit unusual in defining the
>> variables
>
> Yes, I saw this warning. Also don't known why. The resulting package
> works!   And since libtommath doesn't have any dependencies ...
>
> I could use some advise how to do this better!
>
> Thanks!
>        Jan Nijtmans

in the mean time I added libtommath to the list of packages.
you can upload

Regards
Marco