public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* python2 vs python3 module build
@ 2018-12-20  4:42 Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-12-20  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

I was thinking to adopt and update some orphaned package
as I need pytest for python3.

Currenty there is also a collision in the python2 area
$ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/pytest
pylint-1.3.1-1
python-logilab-common-0.62.0-1

However it seems I need to build two different
versions for python 2 and python3
$ cygport pylint.cygport install
 >>> Installing pylint-2.2.2-1.x86_64
Processing ./dist/pylint-2.2.2-py2-none-any.whl
pylint requires Python '>=3.4.*' but the running Python is 2.7.14
You are using pip version 9.0.1, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
*** ERROR: pip2 install failed

Cygport Question:
  there is a way to build only one of the two version as
  "inherit python-wheel" build both ?

attached tentative cygport file.

Regards
Marco

---

[-- Attachment #2: pylint.cygport --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 1007 bytes --]

inherit python-wheel

NAME="pylint"
VERSION=2.2.2
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Python"
SUMMARY="Python static code checker"
DESCRIPTION="Analyzes source code for programming errors, helps enforcing a coding
standard and sniffs for some code smells (as defined in Martin
Fowler's Refactoring book). Pylint can be seen as another PyChecker
since nearly all tests you can do with PyChecker can also be done with
Pylint. However, Pylint offers some more features, like checking
length of lines of code, checking if variable names are well-formed
according to your coding standard, or checking if declared interfaces
are truly implemented, and much more."

HOMEPAGE="https://github.com/PyCQA/pylint"
SRC_URI="https://github.com/PyCQA/pylint/archive/pylint-${VERSION}.tar.gz"
SRC_DIR="pylint-pylint-${VERSION}"

# interferes with get_flags_linker_so in numpy.distutils.fcompiler
unset LDFLAGS

python2_pylint_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*2 ${python2_pylint_CONTENTS}"
python3_pylint_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*3 ${python3_pylint_CONTENTS}"

* Re: python2 vs python3 module build
@ 2018-12-20  4:49 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2018-12-20  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Am 20.12.2018 um 05:42 schrieb Marco Atzeri:
> I was thinking to adopt and update some orphaned package
> as I need pytest for python3.
>

> Cygport Question:
>   there is a way to build only one of the two version as
>   "inherit python-wheel" build both ?
>
> attached tentative cygport file.
>
> Regards
> Marco