public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* calm: removing test packages override.hint files
       [not found] <20171003112511.89176.54263@sourceware.org>
@ 2017-10-03 12:19 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-10-03 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Jon,
It seems calm do not like I remove the test packages and
the override.hint files at the same time

I do not see anything obvious wrong on my instructions

./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-GraphicsMagick-1.3.26-2-src.tar.xz
./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-GraphicsMagick-1.3.26-2.hint
./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-GraphicsMagick-1.3.26-2.tar.xz
./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-override.hint

From: Jon Turney @ 2017-10-03 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: Marco Atzeri

On 03/10/2017 13:19, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Jon,
> It seems calm do not like I remove the test packages and
> the override.hint files at the same time
>
> I do not see anything obvious wrong on my instructions
>
> ./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-GraphicsMagick-1.3.26-2-src.tar.xz
> ./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-GraphicsMagick-1.3.26-2.hint
> ./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-GraphicsMagick-1.3.26-2.tar.xz
> ./x86_64/release/GraphicsMagick/-override.hint

Thanks for pointing this out.

Yeah, this doesn't seem to work as intended.

I suspect you could work around this (for the moment) by uploading an
override.hint with the test: line removed, rather than removing the
override.hint.  You should then be able to remove the override.hint in a
subsequent upload.

Really, I want to move to using test: labels in the pvr.hint to avoid
all these edge cases, but we're not there yet...

* Re: calm: removing test packages override.hint files
@ 2017-10-03 16:42     ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2017-10-03 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

On 03/10/2017 18:23, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 03/10/2017 13:19, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Jon,

> I suspect you could work around this (for the moment) by uploading an
> override.hint with the test: line removed, rather than removing the
> override.hint.  You should then be able to remove the override.hint in a
> subsequent upload.

calm has not complained this time

> Really, I want to move to using test: labels in the pvr.hint to avoid
> all these edge cases, but we're not there yet...

no problem. It is a border case anyway.

thanks
Marco