public inbox for cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
* Questions on my first package update
@ 2021-11-02 21:26 Mark Hessling
From: Mark Hessling @ 2021-11-02 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

As this is my first update on a package I released a few years ago, I
have a couple of questions please.

I upgraded the regina-rexx package today and received warnings in the
calm email:

INFO: package 'regina-rexx': sdesc ends with '.'
INFO: package 'regina-rexx': sdesc ends with '.'
INFO: package 'libregina-devel': sdesc ends with '.'
INFO: package 'libregina': sdesc ends with '.'

The packages uploaded fine, but when I do a search for the packages via
https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=regina&arch=x86_64 the
updated packages don't show a description whereas the initial version
did. eg:

  * libregina-devel-3.8.2-1
    <https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Flibregina-devel%2Flibregina-devel-3.8.2-1&grep=regina> -
    libregina-devel: An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Development
    libraries and headers. (installed binaries and support files)
  * libregina-devel-3.9.4-1
    <https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Flibregina-devel%2Flibregina-devel-3.9.4-1&grep=regina> -
  * libregina-3.8.2-1
    <https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Flibregina%2Flibregina-3.8.2-1&grep=regina> -
    libregina: An ANSI compliant Rexx Interpreter. Runtime libraries.
    (installed binaries and support files)
  * libregina-3.9.4-1
    <https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Flibregina%2Flibregina-3.9.4-1&grep=regina> -

Would this lack of description be due to the warnings and if so can I
rebuild and upload the packages again after removing the trailing '.'
from the SUMMARY fields in the cygport file ?

Once I sort this out I'll send out the announcment email.

Thanks, Mark

* Mark Hessling, mark@rexx.org http://www.rexx.org/
* Author of THE, a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor and, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/CURL, etc.
* Maintainer of Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: https://www.rexxla.org/

* Re: Questions on my first package update
@ 2021-11-02 23:27 ` Jon Turney
From: Jon Turney @ 2021-11-02 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps, Mark Hessling

On 02/11/2021 21:26, Mark Hessling via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> As this is my first update on a package I released a few years ago, I
> have a couple of questions please.
>
> I upgraded the regina-rexx package today and received warnings in the
> calm email:
>
> INFO: package 'regina-rexx': sdesc ends with '.'
> INFO: package 'regina-rexx': sdesc ends with '.'
> INFO: package 'libregina-devel': sdesc ends with '.'
> INFO: package 'libregina': sdesc ends with '.'
>
> The packages uploaded fine, but when I do a search for the packages via
> https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=regina&arch=x86_64 the
> updated packages don't show a description whereas the initial version
> did. eg:

Nope.  This is an unrelated bug.

(The format of the files written on package upload, which that cgi
script scans, was slightly adjusted, but it wasn't updated to match)

I've tweaked it so this query should now return what's expected.

Thanks for pointing this out!

* Re: Questions on my first package update
@ 2021-11-03  5:19   ` Mark Hessling
From: Mark Hessling @ 2021-11-03  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps

Thanks Jon,