public inbox for cygwin-developers@cygwin.com
* 'nohup' seems to be broken in Cygwin git master
@ 2020-05-28  0:47 Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2020-05-28  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

Easiest way I have to reproduce is using X.  In a Cygwin terminal enter:
     nohup xlogo &
     exit

The terminal window and xlogo are both terminated.  With gdb I see that
xlogo terminates with STATUS_CONTROL_C_EXIT.

On a 32-bit 3.1.4 install, same machine, same (64-bit 3.1.pre5) X server,
the same test case shows the terminal window terminated but xlogo remains.

X is not required to demonstrate this; it's just easiest way to see the
effect.  I can dig further if this doesn't immediately pique someone's
interest... :)

..mark

* Re: 'nohup' seems to be broken in Cygwin git master
@ 2020-05-28  1:32 ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2020-05-28  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

On Wed, 27 May 2020 17:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
Mark Geisert wrote:
> Easiest way I have to reproduce is using X.  In a Cygwin terminal enter:
>      nohup xlogo &
>      exit
>
> The terminal window and xlogo are both terminated.  With gdb I see that
> xlogo terminates with STATUS_CONTROL_C_EXIT.
>
> On a 32-bit 3.1.4 install, same machine, same (64-bit 3.1.pre5) X server,
> the same test case shows the terminal window terminated but xlogo remains.
>
> X is not required to demonstrate this; it's just easiest way to see the
> effect.  I can dig further if this doesn't immediately pique someone's
> interest... :)

Thanks for the report. This issue seems to occur after
commit 7659ff0f5afd751f42485f2684c799c5f37b0fb9.

I will submit a patch for this issue shortly.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>

* Re: 'nohup' seems to be broken in Cygwin git master
@ 2020-05-28  4:57   ` Mark Geisert
From: Mark Geisert @ 2020-05-28  4:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

On Thu, 28 May 2020, Takashi Yano via Cygwin-developers wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for the report. This issue seems to occur after
> commit 7659ff0f5afd751f42485f2684c799c5f37b0fb9.
>
> I will submit a patch for this issue shortly.

That patch works great for me.  Thank you for the quick fix!
Regards,

..mark