public inbox for cygwin-developers@cygwin.com
* 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-08 10:29 Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-03-08 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

Hey guys,

all of you contributing to Cygwin 3.20, can you please check the
release notes in winsup/cygwin/release/3.2.0 and see if soomething
you provided a patch for is missing?  I'm planning to come up with
the first test release today or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Corinna

* Re: 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-08 11:44 ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2021-03-08 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

Am 08.03.2021 um 11:29 schrieb Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-developers:
> Hey guys,
>

> all of you contributing to Cygwin 3.20, can you please check the
> release notes in winsup/cygwin/release/3.2.0 and see if soomething
> you provided a patch for is missing?  I'm planning to come up with
> the first test release today or tomorrow.
I'd add some details about
> - Revamped pseudo console support.
particularly that this is no longer active for cygwin apps. This also
removes a significant terminal output speed reduction.
Thomas

* Re: 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-08 12:42 ` Christian Franke
From: Christian Franke @ 2021-03-08 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hey guys,
>

> all of you contributing to Cygwin 3.20, can you please check the
> release notes in winsup/cygwin/release/3.2.0 and see if soomething
> you provided a patch for is missing?

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-patches/2020q4/010843.html (33cfa77)
and this related commit:
https://sourceware.org/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=commit;h=a29d4a8

Thanks,
Christian

* Re: 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-08 13:59   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-03-08 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

On Mar  8 13:42, Christian Franke wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >

> > all of you contributing to Cygwin 3.20, can you please check the
> > release notes in winsup/cygwin/release/3.2.0 and see if soomething
> > you provided a patch for is missing?
>
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/cygwin-patches/2020q4/010843.html (33cfa77)
> and this related commit:
> https://sourceware.org/git/?p=newlib-cygwin.git;a=commit;h=a29d4a8

Thanks, I added text locally. Just didn't push it yet.

Thanks,
Corinna

* Re: 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-08 14:00   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-03-08 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

On Mar  8 12:44, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 08.03.2021 um 11:29 schrieb Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-developers:
> > Hey guys,
> >

> > all of you contributing to Cygwin 3.20, can you please check the
> > release notes in winsup/cygwin/release/3.2.0 and see if soomething
> > you provided a patch for is missing?  I'm planning to come up with
> > the first test release today or tomorrow.
> I'd add some details about
> > - Revamped pseudo console support.
> particularly that this is no longer active for cygwin apps. This also
> removes a significant terminal output speed reduction.

Hmm, do you have some concise wording in mind?  I'm not so sure how to
describe this best...

Thanks,
Corinna

* Re: 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-08 17:53     ` Thomas Wolff
From: Thomas Wolff @ 2021-03-08 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

Am 08.03.2021 um 15:00 schrieb Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-developers:
> On Mar  8 12:44, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> Am 08.03.2021 um 11:29 schrieb Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-developers:
>>> Hey guys,
>>>

>>> all of you contributing to Cygwin 3.20, can you please check the
>>> release notes in winsup/cygwin/release/3.2.0 and see if soomething
>>> you provided a patch for is missing?  I'm planning to come up with
>>> the first test release today or tomorrow.
>> I'd add some details about
>>> - Revamped pseudo console support.
>> particularly that this is no longer active for cygwin apps. This also
>> removes a significant terminal output speed reduction.
> Hmm, do you have some concise wording in mind?  I'm not so sure how to
> describe this best...

- Revamped pseudo console support. Conditionally activating it only when a non-cygwin application is run.

(But Takashi should verify the wording, please, as I've only followed the development as an observer.)

> Thanks,
> Corinna

* Re: 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-08 21:01       ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2021-03-08 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

On Mar  8 18:53, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 08.03.2021 um 15:00 schrieb Corinna Vinschen via Cygwin-developers:

> > > I'd add some details about
> > > particularly that this is no longer active for cygwin apps. This also
> > > removes a significant terminal output speed reduction.
> > Hmm, do you have some concise wording in mind?  I'm not so sure how to
> > describe this best...
>
> - Revamped pseudo console support. Conditionally activating it only when a non-cygwin application is run.
>
> (But Takashi should verify the wording, please, as I've only followed the development as an observer.)

Sounds good.  Takashi, what do you think?

Thanks,
Corinna

* Re: 3.2.0 release notes
@ 2021-03-09  3:21         ` Takashi Yano
From: Takashi Yano @ 2021-03-09  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-developers

On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 22:01:41 +0100
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar  8 18:53, Thomas Wolff wrote:

> > > Hmm, do you have some concise wording in mind?  I'm not so sure how to
> > > describe this best...
> >
> > - Revamped pseudo console support. Conditionally activating it only when a non-cygwin application is run.
> >
> > (But Takashi should verify the wording, please, as I've only followed the development as an observer.)
>
> Sounds good.  Takashi, what do you think?

LGTM, too. Thanks much!

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>