public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* FW: Maintainer searched
@ 2006-06-13 15:52 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-06-13 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On 13 June 2006 11:45, Dave Korn wrote:

> problem.  On my lunch hour this afternoon I'll find a bit of webspace
> somewhere that I can dump it to for upload and post back.

  Well, that wasn't as easy to do in a spare hour as I'd thought it would be.
Anyone got any recommendations for free web hosting that has (at least) 100meg
of space, doesn't have any silly restrictions on file types / filename
extensions, and (for preference, but this is my lowest priority) allows ftp
upload as well as http?

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: FW: Maintainer searched
@ 2006-06-13 17:00 ` Igor Peshansky
From: Igor Peshansky @ 2006-06-13 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Dave Korn wrote:

> On 13 June 2006 11:45, Dave Korn wrote:
>
> > problem.  On my lunch hour this afternoon I'll find a bit of webspace
> > somewhere that I can dump it to for upload and post back.
>
>   Well, that wasn't as easy to do in a spare hour as I'd thought it
> would be. Anyone got any recommendations for free web hosting that has
> (at least) 100meg of space, doesn't have any silly restrictions on file
> types / filename extensions, and (for preference, but this is my lowest
> priority) allows ftp upload as well as http?

<http://free.prohosting.com/>.  They also used to allow CGI scripting --
don't know if they still do.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"

* RE: FW: Maintainer searched
@ 2006-06-13 18:28   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-06-13 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'send it by carrier pigeon'

On 13 June 2006 18:00, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> On 13 June 2006 11:45, Dave Korn wrote:
>>
>>> problem.  On my lunch hour this afternoon I'll find a bit of webspace
>>> somewhere that I can dump it to for upload and post back.
>>
>>   Well, that wasn't as easy to do in a spare hour as I'd thought it
>> would be. Anyone got any recommendations for free web hosting that has
>> (at least) 100meg of space, doesn't have any silly restrictions on file
>> types / filename extensions, and (for preference, but this is my lowest
>> priority) allows ftp upload as well as http?
>
> <http://free.prohosting.com/>.  They also used to allow CGI scripting --
> don't know if they still do.

https://free.prohosting.com/cgi/signup

				Free
				-----
Disk Storage			* 100 Megs
Monthly Bandwidth Limit	* 1200 Megs
File Size Limit		* 1 Meg

  Ach.  That last one's really a killer as far as use for uploading gcc
tarballs go....  I'll have to keep hunting.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: FW: Maintainer searched
@ 2006-06-14 22:14     ` Robert Pendell
From: Robert Pendell @ 2006-06-14 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 13 June 2006 18:00, Igor Peshansky wrote:

>>>   Well, that wasn't as easy to do in a spare hour as I'd thought it
>>> would be. Anyone got any recommendations for free web hosting that has
>>> (at least) 100meg of space, doesn't have any silly restrictions on file
>>> types / filename extensions, and (for preference, but this is my lowest
>>> priority) allows ftp upload as well as http?
>> <http://free.prohosting.com/>.  They also used to allow CGI scripting --
>> don't know if they still do.
>
> https://free.prohosting.com/cgi/signup
>
> 				Free
> 				-----
> Disk Storage			* 100 Megs
> Monthly Bandwidth Limit	* 1200 Megs
> File Size Limit		* 1 Meg
>
>   Ach.  That last one's really a killer as far as use for uploading gcc
> tarballs go....  I'll have to keep hunting.
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

What do you intend to do with the site?  I am willing to offer this up
as long as there is a site and not just a file host.  My host doesn't do
unmetered pipes when the site is a file mirror so I am trying to avoid
those.

--
Robert Pendell
shinji257@uplink.net

Thawte Web of Trust Notary
CAcert Assurer

* Re: FW: Maintainer searched
@ 2006-06-15  1:29       ` Robert Pendell
From: Robert Pendell @ 2006-06-15  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Robert Pendell wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:

>>> <http://free.prohosting.com/>.  They also used to allow CGI scripting --
>>> don't know if they still do.
>> https://free.prohosting.com/cgi/signup
>>
>> 				Free
>> 				-----
>> Disk Storage			* 100 Megs
>> Monthly Bandwidth Limit	* 1200 Megs
>> File Size Limit		* 1 Meg
>>
>>   Ach.  That last one's really a killer as far as use for uploading gcc
>> tarballs go....  I'll have to keep hunting.
>>
>>     cheers,
>>       DaveK
>
> What do you intend to do with the site?  I am willing to offer this up
> as long as there is a site and not just a file host.  My host doesn't do
> unmetered pipes when the site is a file mirror so I am trying to avoid
> those.

Just a note.  I have a 3 mbps pipe here on a vps server so I can
configure your site however is necessary.  If you need something special
installed then I can probably get it setup for you.

--
Robert Pendell
shinji257@uplink.net

Thawte Web of Trust Notary
CAcert Assurer

* RE: FW: Maintainer searched
@ 2006-06-15  9:42       ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-06-15  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'oh dear i borked filexoom'

On 14 June 2006 23:14, Robert Pendell wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:

>> 				-----
>> Disk Storage			* 100 Megs
>> Monthly Bandwidth Limit	* 1200 Megs
>> File Size Limit		* 1 Meg
>>
>>   Ach.  That last one's really a killer as far as use for uploading gcc
>> tarballs go....  I'll have to keep hunting.
>>
>>     cheers,
>>       DaveK
>
> What do you intend to do with the site?  I am willing to offer this up
> as long as there is a site and not just a file host.  My host doesn't do
> unmetered pipes when the site is a file mirror so I am trying to avoid
> those.

  Robert, thanks for the offer, but I've found a solution; and it was just
one-off file storage I was in need of, not a real site, so I couldn't have
accepted anyway.

    cheers,
      DaveK