public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: random "fork: Resource temporarily unavailable" etc.
       [not found] <20060622160012.GC19879@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2006-06-23  0:35 ` Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2006-06-23  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List'

Why do off-topic and Cygwin-content-free posts such as the following
continue to appear on the cygwin-at list, instead of the more appropriate
cygwin-talk-at list?:

Larry Hall wrote:

Gary R. Van Sickle

* Re: random "fork: Resource temporarily unavailable" etc.
@ 2006-06-23  6:43   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-06-23  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 07:35:28PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>Why do off-topic and Cygwin-content-free posts such as the following
>continue to appear on the cygwin-at list, instead of the more appropriate
>cygwin-talk-at list?:

Nothing in the description of the cygwin mailing list suggests that
humor about cygwin is off-topic.  The messages you quoted were not
off-topic.

I'm pretty sure we've been over this before but, as we all know, it
takes multiple tries with you before you don't get it.

cgf

* RE: random "fork: Resource temporarily unavailable" etc.
@ 2006-06-23  9:17   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-06-23  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'not that old one again!'

On 23 June 2006 01:35, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> Why do off-topic and Cygwin-content-free posts such as the following
> continue to appear on the cygwin-at list, instead of the more appropriate
> cygwin-talk-at list?:

<knocks on door>   Delivery man!  Delivery man!

<walks in, wearing dodgy second-hand UPS delivery man's uniform, about four
sizes too large, purchased from burglary aids^W^Wfancy dress section of eBay,
looks around>

  Who ordered the cheese?  Ah, it must be you.

<hands Gary small round slightly smelly parcel, walks out>

    cheers,
      DaveK