public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: please help
       [not found]   ` <00ea01c8b5f9$7f7c8410$2708a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
@ 2008-05-14 19:41     ` Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes @ 2008-05-14 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Wed, May 14, 2008 12:34 pm, Dave Korn wrote:
> If the list rejects a post, it *always* sends you a bounce message
> explaining why.  Please check your spam folder; it might have ended up
> there. Common reasons include using HTML email, or trying to discuss X11
> (which has
> its own list).

Um, Dave?  Please don't discuss X11 on the main list, kthx.

* RE: please help
@ 2008-05-14 19:45       ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2008-05-14 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'nearly got me that time, phew!'

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote on 14 May 2008 20:42:

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 12:34 pm, Dave Korn wrote:
>> If the list rejects a post, it *always* sends you a bounce message
>> explaining why.  Please check your spam folder; it might have ended up
>> there. Common reasons include using HTML email, or trying to discuss X11
>> (which has its own list).
>
> Um, Dave?  Please don't discuss X11 on the main list, kthx.

  Aha, but I wasn't discussing X11, I was discussing *the topicality of* X11,
and hence I plead not guilty under the first amendment to the Usenet
constitution ("Topicality meta-discussions are always on-topic"), as passed in
the year 1 AGR, HAIL FLUFFY!

    cheers,
      DaveK