public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Feature Request: bzr package only works within cygwin
       [not found] <EMEW-k8AHNsff4c5d438f298fdec8b6545d96addcf7-87k5ditzvp.fsf@dinley.ncl.ac.uk>
@ 2008-09-11 16:57 ` Matthew Woehlke
From: Matthew Woehlke @ 2008-09-11 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The "We'll Drop A Hippo On You If You Don't Quote
	Properly" List
  Cc: phillip.lord

Phillip Lord wrote:
>   cgf> I sure love bold assertions with no supporting facts.
> [snip]

I had a *very* hard time following your reply. For the love of
legibility (and allowing other people to respond to your mail without
your bastardized formatting), please quote correctly!

http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote3.html#ss3.3

(I knew bookmarking that would come in handy...)

--
Matthew
If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly

* Re: Feature Request: bzr package only works within cygwin
@ 2008-09-11 17:07   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-09-11 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The We'll Drop A Hippo On You If You Don't Quote Properly List

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:55:32AM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Phillip Lord wrote:
>>   cgf> I sure love bold assertions with no supporting facts.
>> [snip]
>
> I had a *very* hard time following your reply. For the love of legibility
> (and allowing other people to respond to your mail without your bastardized
> formatting), please quote correctly!
>
> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote3.html#ss3.3
>
> (I knew bookmarking that would come in handy...)

THANK YOU.  I have now bookmarked that page myself.

cgf

* Re: Feature Request: bzr package only works within cygwin
@ 2008-09-11 17:21     ` Matthew Woehlke
From: Matthew Woehlke @ 2008-09-11 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:55:32AM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Phillip Lord wrote:
>>>   cgf> I sure love bold assertions with no supporting facts.
>>> [snip]
>> I had a *very* hard time following your reply. For the love of legibility
>> (and allowing other people to respond to your mail without your bastardized
>> formatting), please quote correctly!
>>
>> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote3.html#ss3.3
>>
>> (I knew bookmarking that would come in handy...)
>
> THANK YOU.  I have now bookmarked that page myself.

:-D

To be fair, I can't take credit; I got the link when someone else posted
it on a different list (regarding TOFU I think, but of course that nice
page deals with a number of bad habits).

--

@ 2008-09-11 23:20     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2008-09-11 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'my eyes! my eyes!'

Christopher Faylor wrote on 11 September 2008 18:06:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:55:32AM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Phillip Lord wrote:
>>>   cgf> I sure love bold assertions with no supporting facts.
>>> [snip]
>>
>> I had a *very* hard time following your reply. For the love of legibility
>> (and allowing other people to respond to your mail without your
>> bastardized formatting), please quote correctly!
>>
>> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote3.html#ss3.3
>>
>> (I knew bookmarking that would come in handy...)
>
> THANK YOU.  I have now bookmarked that page myself.
>
> cgf

  I just memorised it when I saw it:

http://learn.to/quote

<click> Ewwww yuck!  Erm... yeesh... the webforwarding service has gone a bit
all cjb.net on me since I last tried that.  Worst interstitial EVAH!

    cheers,
      DaveK