public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* It's a wonderful thing
@ 2008-04-06 22:53 Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2008-04-06 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Talk Amongst Yourselves

...the internet. I needed a copy of _G_config.h from gcc-2.95.3 for MSys
gcc (5 year old packaging bug).  I figured cygwin's version would be a
good starting point.  But that old version of gcc for cygwin has long
since vanished from *our* mirrors.

Enter google, and
http://ptolemy.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII2.0/cygwin.htm

Who provide (with -src) a self-extracting archive that unpacks into a
setup.exe-equipped release/ directory, with a custom setup.ini and a
specific set of packages (needed to build ptolemy plugins, I guess).

And there's gcc-2.95.3-5.tar.bz2, with its _G_config.h file, which
worked like a charm.  The internet is a wonderful thing.

--
Chuck

* RE: It's a wonderful thing
@ 2008-04-07 13:36 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2008-04-07 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Cygwin has returned from the grave and must be destroyed!'

Charles Wilson wrote on 06 April 2008 23:52:

> http://ptolemy.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII2.0/cygwin.htm
>
> Who provide (with -src) a self-extracting archive that unpacks into a
> setup.exe-equipped release/ directory, with a custom setup.ini and a
> specific set of packages (needed to build ptolemy plugins, I guess).

  OMG!  It's son of zombie b15.0 returned from beyond the grave to walk the
earth once more!  Kinda.

    cheers,
      DaveK