public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* apache
@ 2008-08-25 17:12 mattias
From: mattias @ 2008-08-25 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

I installed apache in cygwin
How to access it via windows?

* Re: apache
@ 2008-08-25 17:45 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-08-25 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 07:11:50PM +0200, mattias wrote:
>I installed apache in cygwin
>How to access it via windows?

Please go back and read the description of this mailing list at
http://cygwin.com/lists.html#cygwin-talk .  This is not the right
mailing list for technical questions.

Sending this kind of question here is apt to get you an answer like:
"First you put war paint on a hippo, then you run inside and open the
shutters"

And one other suggestion if you are going to send a question to the
cygwin mailing list:  Read http://cygwin.com/problems.html .  The
question you've phrased above is devoid of any details and would
require a guess as to what you are trying to do.

cgf

* Re: apache
@ 2008-08-25 19:21 ` Morgan Gangwere
From: Morgan Gangwere @ 2008-08-25 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List

mattias wrote:
> I installed apache in cygwin
> How to access it via windows?

What Button Is Fly Up?

Take it to the apache people

* RE: apache
@ 2008-08-26 18:03   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2008-08-26 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'and by 'war-paint' I don't mean a bit of lippy
	and some slap... putting *that* on a hippo would be just plain
	WRONG'

Morgan Gangwere wrote on 25 August 2008 20:20:

> mattias wrote:
>> I installed apache in cygwin
>> How to access it via windows?
>

> What Button Is Fly Up?

  What?  Button 'is fly up?!  I wouldn't dare take such liberties!  I might
give a subtle cough, maybe say "You're flying low", a slight nod-and-a-wink
with a glancing look in the general direction of downward, but I'm not going
to make a grab for it!

> Take it to the apache people

  They sent our emissary back - tied into his saddle, with an arrow in his
back.  Time to get circle the wagons and get the war paint on the hippos, I
guess.  Or maybe to circle the hippos and get the war paint on the wagons[*].
Either tactic should be confusing and demoralising to an opponent who has
never seen a hippo before...

    cheers,
      DaveK

[*]  - A stratagem first seen in that classic tale of life-or-death in the old
wild west, "Paint your Wagon"[**].
[**] - Although the prominence of hippos in the plotline was much reduced in
later edits, the first draft featured them in very significant roles.