public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Beating Spam
@ 2005-05-16 18:26 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2005-05-16 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Hi,
No matter how tempting/infuriating just don't react, don't reply. Most spammers are saddos who
love/seek attention of any kind!!
--
zzapper
vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"

* Re: Beating Spam
@ 2005-05-16 21:56 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2005-05-16 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk; +Cc: zzapper

On Monday 16 May 2005 11:19, zzapper wrote:
> Hi,
> No matter how tempting/infuriating just don't react, don't reply. Most
> spammers are saddos who love/seek attention of any kind!!
Won't make any difference replying to spam with forged From:
Maybe you should ask your service or anti-virus providers how they are doing
on filtering sober.q neo-Nazi spam..
I asked my e-mail forwarder why the sober.p emails were still coming through
after 6 days, and they stopped.  Maybe this week they'll get to work.

--
Tim Prince