public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Upgrading status of core cygwin developers
@ 2006-08-15 21:59 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-08-15 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Now that both Corinna and I have been accused, I think it stands to
reason that we should upgrade the term from "We're Just Mean" to "We're
Just Evil".

In that light, we plan on just responding to any bug reports about
Cygwin with the phrase "Ok, we'll get rid of that capability then" and
we plan on introducing gratuitous changes in Cygwin which are more
clearly designed to just cause mischief.

For instance, I am thinking about extending my dislike of having to deal
with MS-DOS paths to encompass paths which contain numbers.  I find that
I consistently mistype numbers so I don't see why I should have to deal
with them.

cgf

* Re: Upgrading status of core cygwin developers
@ 2006-08-16  1:35 ` Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes @ 2006-08-16  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:36:21PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Now that both Corinna and I have been accused, I think it stands to
> reason that we should upgrade the term from "We're Just Mean" to "We're
> Just Evil".

I, and I hope everyone else, congratulate you on the promotion.
Is it just a title change, or do you get a twelvefold salary increase?

* Re: Upgrading status of core cygwin developers
@ 2006-08-16  1:38   ` One Angry User
From: One Angry User @ 2006-08-16  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On a balmy Tuesday night, the 15th night of August, 2006, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes' computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:36:21PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Now that both Corinna and I have been accused, I think it stands to
> > reason that we should upgrade the term from "We're Just Mean" to "We're
> > Just Evil".
>
> I, and I hope everyone else, congratulate you on the promotion.
> Is it just a title change, or do you get a twelvefold salary increase?

A six-hundred sixty six-fold salary increase, actually, but only for the
part that pertains to Cygwin.   ];->

OAU

* Re: Upgrading status of core cygwin developers
@ 2006-08-16  7:48     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2006-08-16  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Aug 15 21:37, One Angry User wrote:
> On a balmy Tuesday night, the 15th night of August, 2006, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes' computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:36:21PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > > Now that both Corinna and I have been accused, I think it stands to
> > > reason that we should upgrade the term from "We're Just Mean" to "We're
> > > Just Evil".
> >
> > I, and I hope everyone else, congratulate you on the promotion.
> > Is it just a title change, or do you get a twelvefold salary increase?
>
> A six-hundred sixty six-fold salary increase, actually, but only for the
> part that pertains to Cygwin.   ];->

Naaah, a pact with EVIL has other forms of gratification, mere money is
just too mundane.  Think of whining and groaning user in the millions,
tantalized by the latest violently arbitrary change in Cygwin, and you
see where the real pleasure comes from...

Corinna

N.R.: Michael Moorecock - Elric of Melnibone