public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Fwd: No go after update to 1.7.1
       [not found]                   ` <20091229180436.GB20846@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2009-12-29 18:09                     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-12-29 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: never trust a hippo

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 06:08:50PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>> Of course, this means that it's all someone else's fault and Cygwin is
>> perfect :-) and I'm not saying that under any kind of duress or
>> gravitationally-inspired threat from any kind of even-toed aquatic
>> ungulant whatsoever ...
>
> Gentlemen, please stand down.  There will be no hippo launching today.
>
> cgf

  I appreciate the sentiment, but are you sure you can make that promise?
Hippos have a habit of "accidentally" falling all by themselves you know ...

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Fwd: No go after update to 1.7.1
@ 2009-12-29 18:31                       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2009-12-29 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 06:25:26PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 06:08:50PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>>> Of course, this means that it's all someone else's fault and Cygwin is
>>> perfect :-) and I'm not saying that under any kind of duress or
>>> gravitationally-inspired threat from any kind of even-toed aquatic
>>> ungulant whatsoever ...
>>
>> Gentlemen, please stand down.  There will be no hippo launching today.
>
>I appreciate the sentiment, but are you sure you can make that promise?
>Hippos have a habit of "accidentally" falling all by themselves you
>know ...

I assure you that I am in complete control of the hippos.  I have the
box with the big red button sitting...

...Hmm...

It was here a min...

*SPLAT*