public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: [Fwd: Dave Korn appointed Cygwin maintainer]
       [not found] <4B57C53D.7000006@cwilson.fastmail.fm>
@ 2010-01-21  4:46 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-01-21  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar And
	Hey-Babe-Wanna-Come-Back-To-My-Place-And-See-My-Patches
	Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On 21/01/2010 03:08, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Congratulations, Dave! Well deserved.

  Heh, so, I "deserve" a bunch of extra responsibility and unpaid work?  It's
a burden, not an enjoyably-abusable source of arbitrary executive power!(*)
Hell, I don't think I can even use it to impress the girls :-P

  I blame the abolition of national service myself.  A spell in the army when
I was a whippersnapper would have taught me never to volunteer for anything!

    cheers,
      DaveK
--
* - I will, nonetheless, unhesitatingly accept bribes.

* Re: [Fwd: Dave Korn appointed Cygwin maintainer]
@ 2010-01-21  7:07   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-01-21  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 05:03:20AM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 21/01/2010 03:08, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Congratulations, Dave! Well deserved.
>
>  Heh, so, I "deserve" a bunch of extra responsibility and unpaid work?  It's
>a burden, not an enjoyably-abusable source of arbitrary executive power!(*)
>Hell, I don't think I can even use it to impress the girls :-P

You're right.  I can state with great assurance that my wife is not
impressed in the least by any of my maintainership duties.

The dog, on the other hand is very impressed.  But, then, he's impressed
by the fact that I can so easily hide the ball so that's not as big a
deal as it sounds.  Actually, now that I think of it, if I'm just doing
this for the dog then I should just stick with the ball and cut out all
of the extra work...

cgf

* Re: [Fwd: Dave Korn appointed Cygwin maintainer]
@ 2010-01-21  9:54     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2010-01-21  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: MITMDTPTP

On 21/01/2010 07:07, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Actually, now that I think of it, if I'm just doing
> this for the dog then I should just stick with the ball and cut out all
> of the extra work...

  He'll never learn to play the piano that way!

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: [Fwd: Dave Korn appointed Cygwin maintainer]
@ 2010-03-21 15:52       ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2010-03-21 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Dave Korn wrote in news:4B582839.70506@gmail.com:

> On 21/01/2010 07:07, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> Actually, now that I think of it, if I'm just doing
>> this for the dog then I should just stick with the ball and cut out all
>> of the extra work...
>
>   He'll never learn to play the piano that way!
>
>     cheers,
>       DaveK

Belated Congratulations!

--
zzapper
http://zzapper.co.uk/ Technical Tips

* Re: [Fwd: Dave Korn appointed Cygwin maintainer]
@ 2010-03-21 17:32         ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-03-21 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 03:51:58PM +0000, zzapper wrote:
>Dave Korn wrote in news:4B582839.70506@gmail.com:
>>On 21/01/2010 07:07, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>Actually, now that I think of it, if I'm just doing this for the dog
>>>then I should just stick with the ball and cut out all of the extra
>>>work...
>>
>>He'll never learn to play the piano that way!
>
>Belated Congratulations!

For what?  The dog has shirked all of his practice sessions and
can barely play chopsticks.

cgf