public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Using nano in mintty : missing cursor
       [not found] ` <i2y416096c61004221153ra00a1f96m2042e5f8ddde3bea@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2010-04-22 20:18   ` d.sastre.medina
From: d.sastre.medina @ 2010-04-22 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Hey...before somebody yells ONTAGA! I'd like to know if answering
questions related to someone else's mantained packages is seen as
unpolite or something...

Now yell.
:P

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB

* Re: Using nano in mintty : missing cursor
@ 2010-04-22 21:52     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-04-22 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:17:58PM +0200, d.sastre.medina@gmail.com wrote:
>Hey...before somebody yells ONTAGA! I'd like to know if answering
>questions related to someone else's mantained packages is seen as
>unpolite or something...

Isn't a casual perusal of the email archives enough to answer your
question?

cgf

* Re: Using nano in mintty : missing cursor
@ 2010-04-23  5:57     ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2010-04-23  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List

David Sastre wrote:
> Hey...before somebody yells ONTAGA! I'd like to know if answering
> questions related to someone else's mantained packages is seen as
> unpolite or something...
>
> Now yell.
> :P

ONTAGA!

ONTAGA! ONTAGA!

I've got no idea what that means, but I like the shouting. :)

Of course answers regarding other people's questions are welcome, even
more so if it means the maintainer doesn't have to get involved. In
fact, it's a very useful way to contribute to open source projects.

Andy

* Re: Using nano in mintty : missing cursor
@ 2010-04-23  9:39       ` David Sastre
From: David Sastre @ 2010-04-23  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List

>Christopher Faylor stated:
>Isn't a casual perusal of the email archives enough to answer your
>question?

Indeed, sir. No noise intended, though.

>Andy Koppe wrote:
>I've got no idea what that means, but I like the shouting. :)

Just an anathema:
OhNoThatAnnoyingGuyAgain!

...and a failed attempt to enter the OLOCA (I had a _real_ good time
reading that :-))

* Re: Using nano in mintty : missing cursor
@ 2010-04-23 14:19       ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-04-23 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 06:57:06AM +0100, Andy Koppe wrote:
>David Sastre wrote:
>> Hey...before somebody yells ONTAGA! I'd like to know if answering
>> questions related to someone else's mantained packages is seen as
>> unpolite or something...
>>
>> Now yell.
>> :P
>
>ONTAGA!
>
>ONTAGA! ONTAGA!
>
>I've got no idea what that means, but I like the shouting. :)
>
>Of course answers regarding other people's questions are welcome, even
>more so if it means the maintainer doesn't have to get involved. In
>fact, it's a very useful way to contribute to open source projects.

I still think it's a strange question.  If you follow it to its logical
conclusion there would only be newbies asking questions and package
maintainers answering them.  So an email thread would be:

From:  Ed.C@lueless.org
Subject: minTTY porblem

From: Andy Koppe
Subject: Re: mintty porblem

From: Ed.C@lueless.org

From: Andy Koppe

From Ed.C@luless.org
Subject: Re: minTTY porbem (SOVLED!)

i.e., you'd only ever see two people in every email thread.  Clearly
that isn't the case.

But, nevertheless:  ONTAGA!  ONTAGA I say!

cgf