public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Serious viewpoint problems (malloc related?)
       [not found] <200505311948.j4VJm820014439@ishtar.tlinx.org>
@ 2005-06-04 22:47 ` Linda W
From: Linda W @ 2005-06-04 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Talk Amongst Yourselves

Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

>We've covered this one before Chris: When somebody asks you a simple
>question, that isn't a "demand".  It's a question.

A question w/o a "by-your-leave" or "please".  Sounds like a demand
for an answer! :-)

You said "please" -- oh well "saying 'please' is polite demanding" --
Max Headroom.

Face it...  in a 'particular' mindset, anything can be considered
a demand.  Even a question that "demands" an answer...*cough*.  Hey,
just playing Devil's, er, CFG's advocate... ;^>  Not that I've
ever been under any stress.

Maybe we should hire a professional mouthpiece to relieve CFG of
answering so many inane questions and allow him to program.

As for CFG's idea of a blog, I thought this
(http://darthside.blogspot.com/) was his...  :-O

-l

* Re: Serious viewpoint problems (malloc related?)
@ 2005-06-06 16:09   ` Carlo Florendo
From: Carlo Florendo @ 2005-06-06 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maligning List

Linda W wrote:

> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>
>> We've covered this one before Chris: When somebody asks you a simple
>> question, that isn't a "demand".  It's a question.
>>

> A question w/o a "by-your-leave" or "please".  Sounds like a demand
> for an answer! :-)
>
> You said "please" -- oh well "saying 'please' is polite demanding" --
> Max Headroom.
>
> Face it...  in a 'particular' mindset, anything can be considered
> a demand.  Even a question that "demands" an answer...*cough*.  Hey,
> just playing Devil's, er, CFG's advocate... ;^>  Not that I've
> ever been under any stress.
> Maybe we should hire a professional mouthpiece to relieve CFG of
> answering so many inane questions and allow him to program.
>
> As for CFG's idea of a blog, I thought this
> (http://darthside.blogspot.com/) was his...  :-O
>

> -l

Hello Linda, I think you meant CGF, and not CFG... ;)

--
Carlo Florendo
Astra Philippines Inc.