public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* cygwin and multi-gnome-terminal-1.6.
@ 2006-04-20 20:21 Mariusz
From: Mariusz @ 2006-04-20 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kajko04, Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

Hi.

When i try compile a multi-gnome-terminal-1.6 from
http://multignometerm.sourceforge.net/
I receive a error:

checking for dlopen... yes
checking for Configure Easter Egg version >= 3.14... found
checking for GdkPixbuf library >= 0.7.0... found
checking for Glade libraries >= 0.14...  not found
configure: error: You need at least libglade 0.14 for this version of
gnome-core

In cygwin setup program I when I try looking for a libglad I see that
libglad2 is installed in version 2.5.1-1.

I was search in Internet about libglad but I didn't find any help full
information.

Thank you for help to solve this.

Mariusz

* Re: cygwin and multi-gnome-terminal-1.6.
@ 2006-04-21 17:34   ` One Angry User
From: One Angry User @ 2006-04-21 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On a sunny Friday, the 21st day of April, 2006, mwoehlke's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

> Eric Blake wrote:
> > Hint - reread http://cygwin.com/lists.html about the various
> > list descriptions.  This is the mindless chatter list, not the
> > technical answers list (try cygwin instead of cygwin-talk if
> > you don't want random answers involving hippos and other
> > oddities).
>
> Shh! Be vewwy, vewwy quiet... I'm hunting...
>
> ...porcupine!
> (Bet you thought I'd say "Hippo" :-))

"Wabbit", actuawwy...

OAU

* Re: cygwin and multi-gnome-terminal-1.6.
@ 2006-04-21 16:37 ` mwoehlke
From: mwoehlke @ 2006-04-21 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

--
Matthew
If you can't use a real OS, at least use Cygwin to fake one!

* Re: cygwin and multi-gnome-terminal-1.6.
@ 2006-04-21 15:25 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-04-21 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 01:44:49AM +0000, Eric Blake wrote:
>Hint - reread http://cygwin.com/lists.html about the various
>list descriptions.  This is the mindless chatter list,

That's a good description of this list.  I've changed the description
at the above URL.

>not the technical answers list (try cygwin instead of cygwin-talk if
>you don't want random answers involving hippos and other oddities).
>And the fact that I post here on a semi-regular basis proves that I'm
>mindless ;)

You're in good company.

cgf

* Re: cygwin and multi-gnome-terminal-1.6.
@ 2006-04-21  1:44 Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2006-04-21  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List, kajko04

> When i try compile a multi-gnome-terminal-1.6 from
> http://multignometerm.sourceforge.net/
> I receive a error:
>
> checking for dlopen... yes
> checking for Configure Easter Egg version >= 3.14... found

Ooh, I love Easter egg hunts.  And what's with that version
number resembling pi?

> checking for GdkPixbuf library >= 0.7.0... found
> checking for Glade libraries >= 0.14...  not found

Of course, because the eggs are hidden in the glen, not the
glade.

> configure: error: You need at least libglade 0.14 for this version of
> gnome-core
>
> In cygwin setup program I when I try looking for a libglad I see that
> libglad2 is installed in version 2.5.1-1.

Wait a minute - I thought you were looking for libglade, not libglad.

> I was search in Internet about libglad but I didn't find any help full
> information.
>
> Thank you for help to solve this.

Hint - reread http://cygwin.com/lists.html about the various
list descriptions.  This is the mindless chatter list, not the
technical answers list (try cygwin instead of cygwin-talk if
you don't want random answers involving hippos and other
oddities).  And the fact that I post here on a semi-regular basis
proves that I'm mindless ;)

--
Eric Blake