public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: window resizing not updating COLUMNS and LINES
       [not found] <004501c684ea$9aeb3f80$be32000a@idirect.net>
@ 2006-05-31 20:18 ` mwoehlke
From: mwoehlke @ 2006-05-31 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk; +Cc: knellis

Kenneth Nellis wrote:
> (My reply to Christopher Faylor's reply to my original post ["LINES and
> COLUMNS not getting updated"] was blocked, I suspect because this thread has
> been marked inappropriate for this list. However, as this turns out not to
> be an X-Windows/xterm issue after all and because I cannot continue on the
> original thread, I start anew, if that's not a problem [and I sure hope it's
> not]...)

If you mean the reply:
> It turns out that this isn't an X-Windows/xterm issue.
> The same behavior plays out with rxvt (version 2.7.10).
> BTW, I've tried "shopt -s checkwinsize", but this had no effect.

...it was not blocked.

FWIW, I have seen my own posts go to /dev/null for no apparent reason
(heh, remember my reply to the old thread?). However, I also notice that
it *does* seem to only exist on cygwin-xfree as far as the official web
archive is concerned, which, honestly, smells to me like either a bug,
misconfiguration, or known limitation in the archiver, given that they
seem to be cross-posted from gmane.org's perspective and according to
the headers.

To the list maintainers; is this how it's supposed to work, or...?

--
Matthew
Doom doom dooM doo-DooM dOOm DOom doOM... DOOM! -- Gir

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-31 20:18 UTC | newest]