public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Coffee. Is there anything it can't do?
@ 2009-01-14 13:09 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-01-14 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Teeth-grinding and Jittery Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

"People who drink too much coffee could start seeing ghosts or hearing strange
voices, UK research has suggested.

People who drank more than seven cups of instant coffee a day were three times
more likely to hallucinate than those who took just one, a study found. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7827761.stm

  All I can say is, w00t!  :-D

    cheers,
      DaveK

* RE: Coffee. Is there anything it can't do?
@ 2009-01-14 13:22 ` Mike Marchywka
From: Mike Marchywka @ 2009-01-14 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

In the interest of scientific perspective (I'm not top posting,
the subj is context), let me offer some better sources,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=pubmed

In actual fact, I tend to be quite pro-coffee but the evidence is
arguable.

And, for you who have deviant interests ( in things like market deviations),
please see the inciteful words of wisdom from your respected and admired
colleague, LOL, feel free to support more general access to accurate information
in a variety of areas,

http://www.federalreserve.gov/SECRS/2008/December/20081210/OP-1338/OP-1338_7_1.pdf

unless you are content with sensational headlines.

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:09:01 +0000
> From: dave.korn.cygwin@googlemail.com
> To: cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
> Subject: Coffee. Is there anything it can't do?
>
> "People who drink too much coffee could start seeing ghosts or hearing strange
> voices, UK research has suggested.
>
> People who drank more than seven cups of instant coffee a day were three times
> more likely to hallucinate than those who took just one, a study found. "
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7827761.stm
>

> All I can say is, w00t! :-D
>
> cheers,
> DaveK
Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009

* Re: Coffee. Is there anything it can't do?
@ 2009-01-14 13:33   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-01-14 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Coffee. I won't hear a word against it.

Mike Marchywka wrote:

> In the interest of scientific perspective

  Ooops.  I just dropped a hippo on scientific perspective.  It's now more
like scientific 2-and-a-half-D.  Sorry, world!

@ 2009-01-14 23:56     ` Warren Young
From: Warren Young @ 2009-01-14 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List

Dave Korn wrote:
> Mike Marchywka wrote:
>>
>> In the interest of scientific perspective
>
>   Ooops.  I just dropped a hippo on scientific perspective.  It's now more
> like scientific 2-and-a-half-D.  Sorry, world!

Erm, looks more like an orthogonal projection to me.