public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: IOCTL using <ddk/ntddser.h>
       [not found] ` <20090312083353.GB14431@calimero.vinschen.de>
@ 2009-03-12 14:05   ` Christopher Faylor
       [not found]   ` <loom.20090312T144108-992@post.gmane.org>
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2009-03-12 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:33:53AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Mar 11 22:57, Bert wrote:
>>When compiled on Cygwin's gcc the code below (which asks the baud rate
>>of a serial port) shows the error "Funtion Not Implemented".
>>
>>I tried several serial port ioctl functions in <ddk/ntddser.h> - all
>>gave the same error.
>>

>>I hope I'm doing something really dumb, any tips?
>
>Yes.  You're mixing POSIX calls with Windows defines.  That's a no-no.
>When you're in Rome, talk like the Romans do.

That would mean either Italian or English.  Computers don't speak those
languages!

Why don't you make Cygwin easier to use?

* Re: IOCTL using <ddk/ntddser.h>
@ 2009-03-12 14:27     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2009-03-12 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Mar 12 10:05, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:33:53AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Yes.  You're mixing POSIX calls with Windows defines.  That's a no-no.
> >When you're in Rome, talk like the Romans do.
>
> That would mean either Italian or English.  Computers don't speak those
> languages!
>
> Why don't you make Cygwin easier to use?

Isn't that sufficiently covered by the WJM rule?

Hippopotamusic... hippopotic,  hippity..., erm... greetings,
Corinna

* Re: IOCTL using <ddk/ntddser.h>
       [not found]     ` <416096c60903120831k13af4055jc3bd2f9db3cc9e67@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2009-03-12 15:34       ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-03-12 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: It's not the Messiah,
	it's a Very Naughty Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

Andy Koppe wrote:
>> (i.e. flee Rome and settle in Babylon)
>
> I'm afraid you'd have been a few centuries too late. By the time of
> the Romans there wasn't much left of Babylon.
>
> :) Andy

  Romani eunt dormi!

    cheers,
      Brian (and so is my wife)