public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Cygwin X query <Solaris> Login page reloads
       [not found] <26156699.post@talk.nabble.com>
@ 2009-11-02 13:25 ` Danilo Turina
From: Danilo Turina @ 2009-11-02 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Talk Amongst Yourselves

Ok, let's try to rewrite it:

--

Hi Guys,

This are my first six posts so please bear with me in case this query is
on the...

--
Danilo Turina
Alcatel-Lucent

8 anni 6 mesi 23 giorni 4 ore 53 minuti 52 secondi

* Re: Cygwin X query <Solaris> Login page reloads
@ 2009-11-04 16:24   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2009-11-04 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Whoops-Kerplunk-Where's-My-Thribble?

Danilo Turina wrote:

>> This is my first post so please bear with me in case this query is on the
>> wrong thread list and pls redirect me to the right one if that's case.

  Well, this is the even wronger list, so let's see if we can help!

>> I have my machine with dual OSs (Win XP & Win 2003). I can use cygwin (x
>> -query) and connect to my Solaris 8 machine(Sparc) whilst logged on to my
>> WinXP OS and its no problem.
>> But if I log onto my Win2K3 machine (which has the same IP as Win XP), I
>> cannot perform x -query to the same Solaris 8 machine. I mean, the
>> Solaris
>> CDE login page appears,but after I put in my username/password, the login
>> page just reloads.
>>
>> If I use the same OS, I can connect to my Solaris 10 machine without any
>> issues (went past the login page).
>>

>> What could the problem be? Do you think it's to do with the IP address
>> being the same for both OSs?

  One word: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1.

  Or is that three words and one number?

    cheers,