public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-16  9:49 Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-08-16  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'we're sooooooooo evil!</bluecat>'

On 16 August 2006 00:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 05:53:17PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>> John W. Eaton wrote:
>>>
>>> I never said everyone else should "just shut up".  My point was that
>>> if you aren't contributing in some way, then you shouldn't expect your
>>> complaining to carry much weight.  The way to get things done is to do
>>> the work, not just complain and hope that people do something for you.
>>
>> ...or offer money. That carries more weight than complaining. :-)
>>
>> However that doesn't work in all cases. This I am reasonably confident
>> is one of them. But as a general rule...
>
> No, it would work in this case, but I hesitate to name my price since
> it will surely make me sound even more evil.
>
> cgf

  And that would be a bad thing because ....   ?

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-16 15:04 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-08-16 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:49:32AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 16 August 2006 00:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>...or offer money.  That carries more weight than complaining.  :-)
>>>
>>>However that doesn't work in all cases.  This I am reasonably confident
>>>is one of them.  But as a general rule...
>>
>>No, it would work in this case, but I hesitate to name my price since
>>it will surely make me sound even more evil.
>
>And that would be a bad thing because ....  ?

I'm still getting used to being evil.  I have to take it one step at a
time.  I still have some small vestiges of humanity left and am not
quite ready to be viewed as diabolical yet.

cgf

Btw, it's $2000.

* RE: FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-16 16:45   ` Charli Li
From: Charli Li @ 2006-08-16 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
>On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 10:49:32AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

>>>No, it would work in this case, but I hesitate to name my price since
>>>it will surely make me sound even more evil.
>>
>>And that would be a bad thing because ....  ?
>
>I'm still getting used to being evil.  I have to take it one step at a
>time.  I still have some small vestiges of humanity left and am not
>quite ready to be viewed as diabolical yet.
>
>cgf
>
>Btw, it's $2000.

So what?  The hippos do it all the time...
...even on the Hippo Network!

Say what?  Oh, so the hippos made cgf evil!  Gotcha...

Charli

* Re: FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-17 16:17     ` Igor Peshansky
From: Igor Peshansky @ 2006-08-17 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List, The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Btw:
> http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/boxer.htm

Indeed.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"

* Re: FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-17 16:10       ` One Angry User
From: One Angry User @ 2006-08-17 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List, The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On a calm Thursday, the 17th day of August, 2006, Christopher Faylor's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:01:01PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

> >> Me not know what you mean Dave Korn.  Me think you...
> >>
> >> Hmm.  Me lost train of thought.
> >>
> >> Puppies!
> >>
> >> cfg
> >

> >  Oh look!  <points>  An elephant!!!!
> >

> >  <squelch>
> >
> >  Oops.  Poor puppy.   <snifl>
>
> Now me sad.
>
> > <looks around>
> >
> >     oooOOOOOooooOOOO!  Shiny things!
> >
> >   <happy again>
>
> Me not see shiny thing.  Me play with make instead.
>
> Colons not work.
>
> Now me very very sad.

Oh, he who makes -- make my make make sense!

OAU

* RE: FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-17 16:08       ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-08-17 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'peee-yew!'

On 17 August 2006 17:04, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:01:01PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

>>> Me not know what you mean Dave Korn.  Me think you...
>>>
>>> Hmm.  Me lost train of thought.
>>>
>>> Puppies!
>>>
>>> cfg
>>

>>  Oh look!  <points>  An elephant!!!!
>>

>>  <squelch>
>>
>>  Oops.  Poor puppy.   <snifl>
>
> Now me sad.
>
>> <looks around>
>>
>>     oooOOOOOooooOOOO!  Shiny things!
>>
>>   <happy again>
>
> Me not see shiny thing.  Me play with make instead.
>
> Colons not work.
>
> Now me very very sad.
>
> cgf

  Colons???   Colons not work!?!?!?!

<brrrraaaaaaaa-aaaaaa-aaaapppp!>

  *ME* colon work fine!  Now open window or we all be very very VERY sad!

@ 2006-08-17 16:03     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-08-17 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:01:01PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 17 August 2006 16:46, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>  *sip*

>>>  *sip*

>>>  *sip*

>>> AAAAAARRRRRRRRHRRHRGGGHHHHH   <smashes neck entirely off bottle>  GLUG
>>> GLUG GLUG  GLUG    GLUG  GLUUURRRRGLE
>>>

>>>  The stupidity levels emanating from this guy's posts are sucking all the
>>> intelligence out of my brain, I swear, I can feel it all slipping away from
>>> me.....
>>
>> Me not know what you mean Dave Korn.  Me think you...
>>
>> Hmm.  Me lost train of thought.
>>
>> Puppies!
>>
>> cfg
>

>  Oh look!  <points>  An elephant!!!!
>

>  <squelch>
>
>  Oops.  Poor puppy.   <snifl>

Now me sad.

@ 2006-08-17 16:01   ` One Angry User
From: One Angry User @ 2006-08-17 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List, The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On a calm Thursday, the 17th day of August, 2006, Christopher Faylor's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 04:13:10PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

> >> Because I do not agree with your suggestion.
> >
> >  *sip*
> >
> >>  Apparently you need things repeated to you.
> >
> >  *sip*
> >
> >> So, here is my reason for the post again.
> >
> >  *sip*
> >
> >> You mentioned MinGW as an alternative, it does not work.
> >> Also, someone on this list asked me a question, and I answered it.
> >
> >AAAAAARRRRRRRRHRRHRGGGHHHHH   <smashes neck entirely off bottle>  GLUG  GLUG
> >GLUG  GLUG    GLUG  GLUUURRRRGLE
> >

> >  The stupidity levels emanating from this guy's posts are sucking all the
> >intelligence out of my brain, I swear, I can feel it all slipping away from
> >me.....
>
> Me not know what you mean Dave Korn.  Me think you...
>
> Hmm.  Me lost train of thought.

Me thought a train wreck.

> Puppies!

GULP.  Lookee, more puppies!

OAU

* RE: FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-17 16:01   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-08-17 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'i *told* you there was an elephant!'

On 17 August 2006 16:46, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 04:13:10PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

>>> Because I do not agree with your suggestion.
>>
>>  *sip*
>>
>>>  Apparently you need things repeated to you.
>>
>>  *sip*
>>
>>> So, here is my reason for the post again.
>>
>>  *sip*
>>
>>> You mentioned MinGW as an alternative, it does not work.
>>> Also, someone on this list asked me a question, and I answered it.
>>
>> AAAAAARRRRRRRRHRRHRGGGHHHHH   <smashes neck entirely off bottle>  GLUG
>> GLUG GLUG  GLUG    GLUG  GLUUURRRRGLE
>>

>>  The stupidity levels emanating from this guy's posts are sucking all the
>> intelligence out of my brain, I swear, I can feel it all slipping away from
>> me.....
>
> Me not know what you mean Dave Korn.  Me think you...
>
> Hmm.  Me lost train of thought.
>
> Puppies!
>
> cfg

  Oh look!  <points>  An elephant!!!!

  <squelch>

  Oops.  Poor puppy.   <snifl>

@ 2006-08-17 15:50   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-08-17 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

Btw:

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/boxer.htm

cgf

* Re: FW: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81
@ 2006-08-17 15:45 ` Christopher Faylor
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2006-08-17 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List