public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: cadaver does nothing
       [not found] <002d01c6a967$4062f2f0$6501a8c0@masse2>
@ 2006-07-17 21:55 ` Aaron Humphrey
From: Aaron Humphrey @ 2006-07-17 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

You know, it just occurred to me that very few people would consider
"cadaver does nothing" to be even worth mentioning, let alone sending
email to a public mailing list about.  It's the "cadaver does
something" case that gets people all excited.

--
--Alfvaen (Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Song--Danny Michel:In Full Effect

* Re: cadaver does nothing
@ 2006-07-18  0:12   ` One Angry User
From: One Angry User @ 2006-07-18  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On a muggy Monday night, the 17th day of July, 2006, Aaron Humphrey's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:

> You know, it just occurred to me that very few people would consider
> "cadaver does nothing" to be even worth mentioning, let alone sending
> email to a public mailing list about.  It's the "cadaver does
> something" case that gets people all excited.

Who wants to bet that the next WebDAV client will be named "Frankenstein"?

OAU

* RE: cadaver does nothing
@ 2006-07-18  0:10     ` Gary R. Van Sickle
From: Gary R. Van Sickle @ 2006-07-18  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List'

> From: mwoehlke
>
> Raye Raskin wrote:
> > Actually, it turned out to be a missing cygexpat-0.dll --
> part of the
> > expat package.  Apparently the proper dependency is not in
> the Cygwin
> > installer config file for cadaver.
> >
> > Score one point for Microsoft.  I would not have fixed this
> problem if
> > I hadn't tried to run the program in a dos window.  Running
> cadaver in
> > rxvt told me nothing.  In the dos window I got a nice popup
> telling me
> > exactly what the problem was.
>
> How is it you are *consistently* managing to type justified
> sentences that do not contain repeated spaces except for
> exactly two after an end-of-sentence? Is is really just an
> entirely freakish coincidence, or do you have years of
> practice carefully choosing words to achieve that effect? :-)

;-)  That is a pretty cool trick.  I bet it's the sentence justification
equivalent of a jive filter.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle

* Re: cadaver does nothing
       [not found] ` <000901c6a9bf$acd0a380$6f4eced0@vicor.com>
@ 2006-07-17 17:24   ` mwoehlke
From: mwoehlke @ 2006-07-17 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Raye Raskin wrote:
> Actually, it turned out to be a missing cygexpat-0.dll -- part of the
> expat package.  Apparently the proper dependency is not in the Cygwin
> installer config file for cadaver.
>
> Score one point for Microsoft.  I would not have fixed this problem if
> I hadn't tried to run the program in a dos window.  Running cadaver in
> rxvt told me nothing.  In the dos window I got a nice popup telling me
> exactly what the problem was.

How is it you are *consistently* managing to type justified sentences
that do not contain repeated spaces except for exactly two after an
end-of-sentence? Is is really just an entirely freakish coincidence, or
do you have years of practice carefully choosing words to achieve that
effect? :-)

--
Matthew
Interix, Sphinterix. Cygwin apps don't crash. :-)