public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* Re: Quick question about your site
       [not found] <6c27e9c808b900c78863eaf3aa1744@trevor>
@ 2005-07-22 17:32 ` Peter Rehley
From: Peter Rehley @ 2005-07-22 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List

On Jul 22, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Packaging i wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I took a look at your site a couple of hours ago...
> and I want to tell you that I'd really love to trade links with you. I
> think
> your site has some really good stuff related to my site's topic of
> packaging
> and would be a great resource for my visitors as it deals with some
> great
> aspects of packaging that I'd like to give my visitors more
> information about.
>
> In fact, I went ahead and added your site to my Packaging i Resource
> Directory at
> http://packagingi.com/allpackaging
>
> Is that OK with you?
>
> Can I ask a favor? Will you give me a link back on your site? I'd
> really
> appreciate you returning the favor.
>
> Thanks and feel free to drop me an email if you'd like to chat more
> about
> this.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Andy
> packagingi.com
> P.S. When you do link back, there's some suggested code to use at
> http://packagingi.com/addurl
>
> //

Hmmm, this must be in regards to packing the hippos.

Enjoy,
Peter
-------------------------------
A Møøse once bit my sister

* Re: Quick question about your site
@ 2005-07-22 17:40   ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2005-07-22 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Peter Rehley wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Packaging i wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I took a look at your site a couple of hours ago...
> > and I want to tell you that I'd really love to trade links with you. I think
> > your site has some really good stuff related to my site's topic of packaging
> > and would be a great resource for my visitors as it deals with some great
> > aspects of packaging that I'd like to give my visitors more information
> > about.
> >
> > In fact, I went ahead and added your site to my Packaging i Resource
> > Directory at
> > http://packagingi.com/allpackaging
> >
> > Is that OK with you?
> >
> > Can I ask a favor? Will you give me a link back on your site? I'd really
> > appreciate you returning the favor.
> >
> > Thanks and feel free to drop me an email if you'd like to chat more about
> > this.
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Andy
> > packagingi.com
> > P.S. When you do link back, there's some suggested code to use at
> > http://packagingi.com/addurl
> >
> > //
>
> Hmmm, this must be in regards to packing the hippos.

Yep, we should forward him the USPS link and have him contact them, too.
:-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* RE: Quick question about your site
@ 2005-07-22 17:42   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-07-22 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-07-22 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
>> Hmmm, this must be in regards to packing the hippos.
>

>   Say, why would you connect some random piece of spam you found in your
> intray with something you read on a mailing list the day before?

  Wow, it turned up on the main list.  Just goes to show that a backlogged
mail server can be an effective psychotomimetic!

    cheers,
      DaveK

* RE: Quick question about your site
@ 2005-07-22 18:06       ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-07-22 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
>>> Hmmm, this must be in regards to packing the hippos.
>>

>>   Say, why would you connect some random piece of spam you found in your
>> intray with something you read on a mailing list the day before?
>
>   Wow, it turned up on the main list.  Just goes to show that a backlogged
> mail server can be an effective psychotomimetic!
>

>     cheers,
>       DaveK

  In order to apologise for prematurely jumping to the conclusion that Peter
was experiencing delusions of reference (clearly triggered by the trauma of
seeing his sister savagely bitten by a moose), and in order to irritate a
spammer, I went to the site and filled out the "Add URL" form, pretending to
have a packaging related site, all about how using our "new techniques", you
could pack more than ever into smaller spaces than ever before.

  I wonder if it'll get listed before they check the tinyurl I gave them for
the goatse mirror site.......

  Actually, I also wonder if they'll list it *after* checking.  You never
can tell with spammers (rule #1).

    cheers,
      DaveK