public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: Blind people using setup.exe?
       [not found] <20050628153640.GC3606@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2005-06-28 18:12 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-06-28 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'some things make more sense backwardsdrawckab esnes erom
	ekam sgniht emos'

----Original Message----

[Thread TITTTL'd, bock-bock-b'gawwwk!]

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 12:29:35PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

  I once tried to avoid ever making that mistake by setting my mailer to
reverse-date-sort all the mail and reading my newest mail first and working
back to the earliest.

  This worked very well, in that I never ended up posting a point that
someone had already made earlier in the thread, but at the same time it
worked quite badly, in that I never ended up posting at all because it's
incredibly hard to make sense of a conversation that's going the wrong
direction in time.

  It also made for lots of non-sequiturs, but that was to be expected.  I
could only call people out for making non-*pre*quiturs ...

    cheers,
      DaveK

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-06-28 15:51 UTC | newest]