public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* CYGWIN, changing default port
@ 2005-06-23 12:03 Jim Hobbs
From: Jim Hobbs @ 2005-06-23 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

Hi there

Our sysadmin will not allow port 22 to be opened on our firewall.  He has
suggested we use one of the VNC ports already open for the SSH projects.
To this end I have chosen to use 5800 as we just use 5900 for the VNC programs.

I have installed CYGWIN on a WinXP machine and it's working on port 22.  How
can I change this to work with port 5800? Listening that is.

Thanks for any help :)