public inbox for cygwin-talk@cygwin.com
* RE: bash and make are trapped in an endless loop
       [not found] <SERRANOyxwZ71BpL76k00000205@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
@ 2005-06-27 15:04 ` Ross Boulet
From: Ross Boulet @ 2005-06-27 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

[ ...snip...]

> > and then make stays in an endless loop which prints
> lines
> > to stdout
> >
> > When i then kill make with Ctrl-C and enter the asterisk
> in the command
> > line, I have the same behaviour, i. e. executing '*'
> will give the same
> > messages and ends in an endless loop.
>
>   WDDTT!

Maybe it's just Monday and I'm brain dead, but I couldn't
find WDDTT in the OLOCA or elsewhere.  Could someone please
enlighten me?

Thanks

* RE: bash and make are trapped in an endless loop
@ 2005-06-27 15:15   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-06-27 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
>>> When i then kill make with Ctrl-C and enter the asterisk in the command
>>> line, I have the same behaviour, i. e. executing '*' will give the same
>>> messages and ends in an endless loop.
>>
>>   WDDTT!
>>
> Maybe it's just Monday and I'm brain dead, but I couldn't
> find WDDTT in the OLOCA or elsewhere.  Could someone please
> enlighten me?
>
> Thanks

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/D/Don-t-do-that-then-.html

    cheers,
      DaveK

* RE: bash and make are trapped in an endless loop
@ 2005-06-28 15:51     ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-06-28 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'watch out for cheque forging internet kooks henny youngman
	didn't and now only 91 years later he is dead'

>>>   WDDTT!
>>>
>> Maybe it's just Monday and I'm brain dead, but I couldn't
>> find WDDTT in the OLOCA or elsewhere.  Could someone please enlighten me?
>>
>> Thanks
>

> http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/D/Don-t-do-that-then-.html

  It may be apocryphal, but I've seen the origin of the joke attributed to
Henny Youngman before.

http://www.funny2.com/henny.htm

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: bash and make are trapped in an endless loop
@ 2005-06-29 23:21       ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2005-06-29 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-talk

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:15:17 +0100,  wrote:

>  It may be apocryphal, but I've seen the origin of the joke attributed to
>Henny Youngman before.
>

>http://www.funny2.com/henny.htm
>
>    cheers,
>      DaveK
A Henny joke

A man goes to a barbershop and asks "How many ahead of me?" "Five." The man leaves. He comes back
tomorrow, and asks, "How many ahead of me." "Four." The man leaves. He comes back the next day and
asks, "How many ahead of me?" "Six." The man leaves, and the barber says to another, "Follow that
man!" The man comes back and says, "He goes to your house!"
--
zzapper
vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"