public inbox for cygwin-xfree-announce@sourceware.org
* LinuxWorld Expo - San Francisco - August 2-5, 2004
@ 2004-03-28 19:28 Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-03-28 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygx; +Cc: cygxannounce

I will most likely be attending at least part of the LinuxWorld Expo in
San Francisco coming up in the beginning of August:

http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/linuxworldny/V40/index.cvn?ID=10029

There will be a lot of X folks there (most likely Jim Gettys, Keith
Packard, Egbert Eich (I hope), and more); I estimate the number at over
10.  We will be having discussions and there will most likely be time to
grab dinner or lunch as a group a few times and possibly even drink a
few beers for those with proof of age.  :)

I'm going to be living in San Jose from the end up May, which means I'll
be passing through Sunnyvale, Palo Alto (I think), Stanford, and the
southern part of San Francisco on my drive up.  Contact me privately if
the only reason you couldn't make it would be because you have no way to
get up there for the day (I'll most likely be driving home each night
that I go up).  Alternatively, if there are a lot of us maybe we can all
ride the train together... I think there is one that goes up to San
Francisco from San Jose.

Mark your calenders if you are interested and start looking into a cheap
way to get there... I'd love to see as many Cygwin/X folks there as
possible, especially developers that can come to any meetings and have a
say in the future of X if they want to.

Harold

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-03-28 19:28 UTC | newest]