* XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-32 tests
@ 2004-01-06  9:10 Øyvind Harboe
From: Øyvind Harboe @ 2004-01-06  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Rejoice!

Here are the tests I did that all worked fine:

- Copy piece of text under Linux, paste in Windows.
- Copy openoffice formula under Linux, paste in Linux
- Copy openoffice cell range under Linux, paste in Linux Evolution HTML
email
- Copy norwegian letters from Linux, paste in Windows

This was a bit surprising:

1. Copy cell range under Linux openoffice
2. Copy text under Windows
3. Paste using scrolling wheel under Linux -> text shows
4. Paste in Evolution HTML email under Linux using ctrl-v openoffice
cell range, cell range showed.

This failed:

- Copy Norwegian letters from evolution email, paste under Windows.
Paste in Windows shows "\x{00D8}\x{00C5}\x{00C6}"

Inconclusive:

- I've had a problem in the past that when I specify the -clipboard
option, XWin.exe will sometimes crash with a NULL pointer access
violation. This sometimes happened during normal operation, but more
often when I exited XWin.exe via the taskbar icon. After about 10-15
minutes of testing, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem.

Øyvind

* RE: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-32 tests
@ 2004-01-07 16:02 Andrew Braverman
From: Andrew Braverman @ 2004-01-07 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Just to follow up on this, I found this morning that this does not happen
all the time.  If I start the server and the new code is working, selecting
text with the mouse leaves data selected (inverse video) and none of these
things happen (there is still some debug logging, but much less).  At other
times, selected text has the inverse video go away (like used to happen) and
the three things I listed here happen.  I expect, based upon Harold's
comments about fixing a bunch of things, that this will go away in his next
release, but figured I would mention it as a data point anyway.

- Andy

* XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-32 tests
@ 2004-01-06 18:45 Andrew Braverman
From: Andrew Braverman @ 2004-01-06 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

@ 2004-01-06 15:48 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-06 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Øyvind,

I wouldn't worry too much about it... I am in the middle of completely
reworking the clipboard shutdown code.  The crashes will be fixed when I
am through with it, so I don't particularly need details about any
current crashes in -32 anymore.

Thanks for testing,

Harold

Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> I've now seen the xwinclip: xwin.exe crash on exit with
> 4.3.0-32 as well. It was an access violation to address 1.
>
> Is this a known problem?
>
> If not, does anyone have any pointers on how to create a useful bug report?
>
> One idea I had was to somehow invoke GDB once the OK Cancel access violation requester
> pops up, but I've no idea on how to go about this?
>
> A fixed sequence of steps to reproduce the problem has eluded me, hence my
> interest in a postmortem approach.
>

> Øyvind

* XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-32 tests
@ 2004-01-06 15:12 Øyvind Harboe