* X Server and multiple resolutions on laptop
@ 2004-01-08  9:54 Olivier Biot
From: Olivier Biot @ 2004-01-08  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi list,

I mainly use cygwin (and XFree) on a laptop. When it
is docked, I get a higher resolution than when it is
undocked.

If I start the X server in docked mode, I get an X
server in 1280x1024 resolution. If I undock, my
resolution drops to 1024x768, which is OK. However, if
I return to docked mode, then the X server clips both
screen refresh and mouse to the previous (lower)
resolution.

Is there something I can do so the X server returns to
the higher resolution from the docked mode?

Regards,

Olivier

* Re: X Server and multiple resolutions on laptop
@ 2004-01-08 14:57 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-08 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Olivier,

That sounds like a bug that needs to be looked into.

Harold

@ 2004-01-09  0:11 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-09  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: ouverture1812

Olivier,

[Not sure if you are subscribed, so cc'ing you.]

Could you send in the command-line that you use to start XWin.exe and
the /tmp/XWin.log file from an instance where this problem occurs?

I think that the problem is a side-effect of our clipper that we use...
but I need to know what parameters are being passed to XWin.exe before I
can confirm that.

Harold

@ 2004-01-09 13:31   ` Olivier Biot
From: Olivier Biot @ 2004-01-09 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi list,

The latest X server release 4.3.0-30 seems to have
solved this problem as I am unable to reproduce it!

Regards,

Olivier

--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
> Olivier,
>
> [Not sure if you are subscribed, so cc'ing you.]
>
> Could you send in the command-line that you use to
> start XWin.exe and
> the /tmp/XWin.log file from an instance where this
> problem occurs?
>
> I think that the problem is a side-effect of our
> clipper that we use...
> but I need to know what parameters are being passed
> to XWin.exe before I
> can confirm that.
>
> Harold
>
> Olivier Biot wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I mainly use cygwin (and XFree) on a laptop. When
> it
> > is docked, I get a higher resolution than when it
> is
> > undocked.
> >
> > If I start the X server in docked mode, I get an X
> > server in 1280x1024 resolution. If I undock, my
> > resolution drops to 1024x768, which is OK.
> However, if
> > I return to docked mode, then the X server clips
> both
> > screen refresh and mouse to the previous (lower)
> > resolution.
> >
> > Is there something I can do so the X server
> returns to
> > the higher resolution from the docked mode?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Olivier

> > Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus"
> Sweepstakes
> > http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus

=====
Olivier Biot    (Belgium, Europe)     | Astronomy, LaTeX, C, Mineralogy,
Email:  Ouverture1812 (@) yahoo.com   |   ATMing, Music, Computers, Guitar
ICQ # 8807511 (nickname Bibi)         |     AND MANY MORE ...
WWW:    http://www.biot.yucom.be/