* Re: lesstif & tetex-x11 manpages not in MANPATH directory
@ 2003-10-04 22:05 Frédéric L. W. Meunier
From: Frédéric L. W. Meunier @ 2003-10-04 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> The latest LessTif & TeTeX packages are installing manpages into
> /usr/X11R6/share/man/man1, but /etc/man.conf doesn't include this path
> in the MANPATH settings.

And maybe it should follow the FHS and instead use
/usr/X11R6/man/man1 since share for man (and info) pages is
should only be used in /usr.

BTW Harold, I hope
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg01431.html is on
your queue.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html

* Re: lesstif & tetex-x11 manpages not in MANPATH directory
@ 2003-10-04 22:23 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-10-04 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree; +Cc: cygwin-apps

This was an oversite, not a decision.  It will be fixed when I have time.

Thanks for alerting me.

Harold

@ 2003-10-04 23:04 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-10-04 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> BTW Harold, I hope
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-09/msg01431.html is on
> your queue.

Nope.  Things don't go into my queue unless they show up on this list or
are cc'd here at some point.  It looks like that discussion happened
entirely on the Cygwin mailing list, which I am not subscribed to.

Harold

* lesstif & tetex-x11 manpages not in MANPATH directory
@ 2003-10-04 17:59 Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2003-10-04 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-apps; +Cc: cygwin-xfree

Hello,

The latest LessTif & TeTeX packages are installing manpages into
/usr/X11R6/share/man/man1, but /etc/man.conf doesn't include this path
in the MANPATH settings.

Ciao,
Gerrit
--