* Interaction between multiwindow and xmouse (without autoraise)
@ 2003-10-08 13:05 David Corking
From: David Corking @ 2003-10-08 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I like using the xmouse feature in W2K with autoraise disabled (that
is to say that focus follow mouse, with a click to raise.)

I noticed that when I mouse over an X window, then click to raise, the
newly raised window does not redraw portions that were overlapped by
another X window.  (I need to change focus to the overlapping window
-A- and back to the raised window -B- to trigger the redraw.  I can do
this by mousing from B to A and back to B, or by typing Alt-Tab twice.)

X is started with the distributed startxwin.bat, that is
Xwin -multiwindow

Is this a known problem (I did not see it in the docs) or have I made
a mistake?  I concede that xmouse is a relatively obscure feature in
Win32, and I hope I explained the behavior satisfactorily.

Workaround - use a native X window manager in rootless mode.
(Preferably a wm with a click-to-raise policy similar to Win32.  Now I
have 2 places to customize the desktop and I will miss Alt-Tab :-) )

David

* Re: Interaction between multiwindow and xmouse (without autoraise)
@ 2003-10-08 13:08 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-10-08 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

David,

Update to the latest version of XFree86-xserv.  This was fixed last week.

Harold