* xserv 4.3.0-29
@ 2003-12-29 23:38 Christoph Leser
From: Christoph Leser @ 2003-12-29 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

thanks for pointing me to /tmp/XWin.log

This shows, that the font directory is not properly installed.

When I try to reinstall, the installer hangs when trying to create the sub drirectories. ( As a matter of fact I cannot create /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts in bash,, gives  'mkdir: cannot create directory 'fonts': No such file or directory' )

I have no idea what has happened, maybe something wrong with xp?

Thanks

Christoph

* Re: xserv 4.3.0-29
@ 2003-12-30  0:40 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-30  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Run 'mount' in a Cygwin bash shell.  You should see something that
includes a line like the following:

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts on /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts type
system (binmode)

If you see "type system" in that line, then run the following in your
Cygwin bash shell:

umount /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts

Else, run the following

umount -u /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts

The problem is that your mount-point for your fonts directory points to
a dead or invalid directory and needs to be removed.

You know need to re-run Cygwin's setup.exe and make sure that the
XFree86-fenc and XFree86-fnts packages are installed or re-installed.

Harold

Christoph Leser wrote:

> thanks for pointing me to /tmp/XWin.log
>
> This shows, that the font directory is not properly installed.
>
> When I try to reinstall, the installer hangs when trying to create the sub drirectories. ( As a matter of fact I cannot create /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts in bash,, gives  'mkdir: cannot create directory 'fonts': No such file or directory' )
>
> I have no idea what has happened, maybe something wrong with xp?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christoph

* Re: xserv 4.3.0-29
@ 2003-12-29 22:41 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2003-12-29 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Christoph,

Send in /tmp/XWin.log.

Harold

Christoph Leser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last week I installed ( first time installation )  Cygwin on a winows xp professional sp1.
>
> I had XWin.exe ( xserv 4.3.0-28 ) running with AIX and Linux Clients w/o modifying an config files, but I experienced similar ALT-Gr problems as described in the postings regarding xserv 4.3.0-29.
>
> So I updated to 4.3.0-29 today.
>
> Now XWin ( called from bash ) does not start any more. I see the main window for a short period of time.
>
> No error message appears. Are there any logfiles
> Best regards
>

> Christoph Leser

* xserv 4.3.0-29
@ 2003-12-29 21:01 Christoph Leser