* Website - IRC Chat page added
@ 2004-01-08 17:21 Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-08 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygx

I added a new page to the website to point people to our IRC chat room:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/chat.html

I am finding chat very useful for discussing development (watch the
channel if you are interested).

I would also like to a see a larger group of people monitoring #cygwinx
for questions and answering them in an interactive fashion.  It is often
easier to have a brief conversation with someone than it is to write
long emails outlining all possibilities for their problem.

See you in #cygwinx!

Harold

* Re: Website - IRC Chat page added
@ 2004-01-08 17:51 ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-08 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

By the way, if you need a good IRC client for Windows, check out XChat:

http://www.xchat.org/

It works quite well under Windows and automates lots of tasks like
connecting, opening channels, and authorizing your saved nickname (/msg
NickServ IDENTIFY password).

We have two new people in the channel now... lets get that up to 20!  :)

Harold

@ 2004-01-08 17:53   ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2004-01-08 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

People can also install the Cygwin "naim" package and use it in its "nirc"
incarnation.  "naim" is a configurable ncurses-based client, *and* it's
part of Cygwin. :-)
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Re: Website - IRC Chat page added
@ 2004-01-08 18:13     ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-08 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Igor,

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> People can also install the Cygwin "naim" package and use it in its "nirc"
> incarnation.  "naim" is a configurable ncurses-based client, *and* it's
> part of Cygwin. :-)
> 	Igor

Good point.  I had not tried it myself.

But back to the topic at hand.  Why aren't you lurking in #cygwinx
yet?!?  :)

Harold