* geomview under cygwin
@ 2004-01-11  3:20 B. Marchand
From: B. Marchand @ 2004-01-11  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I noticed several people posted some geomview related questions back in
2002. So, maybe someone will know the answer to this question.

I followed the instructions on
http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~mfoehl/Geomview_under_Windows.html
about compiling geomview under cygwin. I had to acquire the forms
library for Win32 from a different source
(http://ftp.fh-wolfenbuettel.de/links/unix/desktop/xforms/NT/GnuWIN32/),
since they seem to be temporarily unavailable from the xforms website
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/xforms). At any rate, everything
seems to configure and compile fine. However, when I try to just execute
geomview nothing happens - nothing shows on the screen and there are no
geomview related processes running. No error messages are sent to the
screen so I don't know what is going on.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thanks.

--B.

* Re: geomview under cygwin
@ 2004-01-11 16:41 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2004-01-11 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: B. Marchand; +Cc: cygwin-xfree

Hallo B.,

Am Sonntag, 11. Januar 2004 um 04:20 schriebst du:

> I noticed several people posted some geomview related questions back in
> 2002. So, maybe someone will know the answer to this question.

> I followed the instructions on
> http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~mfoehl/Geomview_under_Windows.html
> about compiling geomview under cygwin. I had to acquire the forms
> library for Win32 from a different source
> (http://ftp.fh-wolfenbuettel.de/links/unix/desktop/xforms/NT/GnuWIN32/),
> since they seem to be temporarily unavailable from the xforms website
> (https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/xforms). At any rate, everything
> seems to configure and compile fine. However, when I try to just execute
> geomview nothing happens - nothing shows on the screen and there are no
> geomview related processes running. No error messages are sent to the
> screen so I don't know what is going on.

> Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Your X server is actually running?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=

* Re: geomview under cygwin
@ 2004-01-11 20:08   ` B. Marchand
From: B. Marchand @ 2004-01-11 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

yes, I run startx first and tried both mwm and twm window managers.

--B.