* Re: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-38 Request for Test Results [from Holger Krull]
@ 2004-01-12 14:07 Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-12 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygx

The following is from Holger Krull:

OS: Windows 2000
Language: German
Xdmcp: Worked
X11->Win32 Copy and Paste: Worked

Win32->X11 Copy and Paste: Worked,
except for äöü߀ (Umlaute, sz, Euro)
the transfer of these characters works if they are paste to a terminal,
other programs show varying
success. OpenOffice doesn't like Umlaute but takes the Euro. Kate (KDE
Editor) pastes Umlaute but
not the Euro Symbol.

    Holger

* Re: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-38 Request for Test Results [from Holger Krull]
@ 2004-01-12 14:23 ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-01-12 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygx

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> The following is from Holger Krull:
>
> OS: Windows 2000
> Language: German
> Xdmcp: Worked
> X11->Win32 Copy and Paste: Worked

Same for me.

> Win32->X11 Copy and Paste: Worked,
> except for äöüß? (Umlaute, sz, Euro)
> the transfer of these characters works if they are paste to a terminal,
> other programs show varying
> success. OpenOffice doesn't like Umlaute but takes the Euro. Kate (KDE
> Editor) pastes Umlaute but
> not the Euro Symbol.

I can't reproduce this:
OpenOffice 1.1 pasted äöüß? correctly.
Also kedit, kmail, mozilla, xterm.

System is win2000 and XDMCP to debian 3.0

Server reset worked in with text copied in X11, copied in Win32 but not with
image copied in Win32 (not a big problem).

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

* Re: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-38 Request for Test Results [from Holger Krull]
@ 2004-01-12 14:30   ` Harold L Hunt II
From: Harold L Hunt II @ 2004-01-12 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

>>Win32->X11 Copy and Paste: Worked,
>>except for äöüß? (Umlaute, sz, Euro)
>>the transfer of these characters works if they are paste to a terminal,
>>other programs show varying
>>success. OpenOffice doesn't like Umlaute but takes the Euro. Kate (KDE
>>Editor) pastes Umlaute but
>>not the Euro Symbol.
>

> I can't reproduce this:
> OpenOffice 1.1 pasted äöüß? correctly.
> Also kedit, kmail, mozilla, xterm.
>
> System is win2000 and XDMCP to debian 3.0
>
> Server reset worked in with text copied in X11, copied in Win32 but not with
> image copied in Win32 (not a big problem).

Do you mean that something bad happens if you copy an image to the Win32
clipboard, then cause the X Server to reset?  What happens?  Does the
clipboard integration stop working?  Does the server crash?

Harold

* Re: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-38 Request for Test Results [from Holger Krull]
@ 2004-01-12 15:13   ` Holger Krull
From: Holger Krull @ 2004-01-12 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

 > I can't reproduce this: OpenOffice 1.1 pasted xxxx correctly.
 > Also kedit, kmail, mozilla, xterm.

kedit,kmail,xterm and mozilla work. Maybe a local problem with my
OpenOffice.

 > System is win2000 and XDMCP to debian 3.0

Win2000 and XDMCP to Suse 9.0 here.

 > Server reset worked in with text copied in X11,

How do i test server reset?

    Holger

* Re: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-38 Request for Test Results [from Holger Krull]
@ 2004-01-12 15:21     ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-01-12 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Do you mean that something bad happens if you copy an image to the Win32
> clipboard, then cause the X Server to reset?  What happens?  Does the
> clipboard integration stop working?  Does the server crash?

The server crashes (does not startup again)

bye
	ago
--

@ 2004-01-12 15:22     ` Alexander Gottwald
From: Alexander Gottwald @ 2004-01-12 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Holger Krull wrote:

> How do i test server reset?

I've just logged out from my xdmcp session. wdm then displays the login screen again.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723

* Re: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-38 Request for Test Results crash
@ 2004-01-12 16:00       ` Holger Krull
From: Holger Krull @ 2004-01-12 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

>>How do i test server reset?
>
> I've just logged out from my xdmcp session. wdm then displays the login screen again.

That leads to a server crash here.
The login screen reappears, but the moment i type in the password it ends.
This happens when no clipboard selection was done and when the clipboard
was last copyied in X11.
If i put something in the clipboard in win before logoff, i'm able to
relogin.

   Holger

XWin.log from crash with selection in X11:

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 960
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
InitOutput - Error reading config file
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 0000001f
InitOutput - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winScreenInit - dwWidth: 1280 dwHeight: 960
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits
per pixel
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - User w: 1280 h: 960
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - Current w: 1280 h: 960
winAdjustForAutoHide - Original WorkArea: 0 0 926 1280
winAdjustForAutoHide - Adjusted WorkArea: 0 0 926 1280
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - WindowClient w 1274 h 895 r 1274 l 0 b
895 t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed -  Returning
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Creating primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Created primary surface
winCreatePrimarySurfaceShadowDDNL - Attached clipper to primary surface
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - lPitch: 5096
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow pitch: 5096
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL - Created shadow stride: 1274
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24
bpp 32
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
winFinishScreenInitFB - returning
winScreenInit - returning
InitOutput - Returning.
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack
of shared memory support in the kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000407" (00000407)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "German (Germany)" (407), type "4"
(EE) No primary keyboard configured
(==) Using compiletime defaults for keyboard
Rules = "xfree86" Model = "pc105" Layout = "de" Variant = "(null)"
Options = "(null)"
Error opening keymap file de, reverting to defaults
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 637 447
winBlockHandler - Releasing pmServerStarted
winBlockHandler - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Xdmcp enabled, waiting to start clipboard
client until fourth call.
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Xdmcp enabled, waiting to start clipboard
client until fourth call.
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Xdmcp enabled, waiting to start clipboard
client until fourth call.
winInitClipboard ()
winProcQueryTree - winInitClipboard returned.
winClipboardProc - Hello
DetectUnicodeSupport - Windows NT/2000/XP
winClipboardProc - Calling setlocale ()
winClipboardProc - setlocale () returned
winClipboardProc - XInitThreads () returned.
winClipboardProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard client already launched, returning.
winClipboardProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
display.
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_CREATE
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Initializing - Returning.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - Clipboard not yet started, aborting.
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Reasserted ownership of PRIMARY
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Reasserted ownership of
CLIPBOARD
winProcSetSelectionOwner - We changed ownership, aborting.
winProcSetSelectionOwner - We changed ownership, aborting.
OsVendorReset - Hello
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DESTROY
winClipboardProc - winClipboardFlushWindowsMessageQueue trapped WM_QUIT
message, exiting main loop.
OsVendorReset - Clipboard thread has exited.
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
InitOutput - Error reading config file
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 0000001f
InitOutput - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winScreenInit - dwWidth: 1274 dwHeight: 895
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - User w: 1280 h: 960
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - Current w: 1274 h: 895
[...]
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - We own the clipboard, returning.