* Re: ghostview problems ...
@ 2004-01-13 16:03 B. Marchand
From: B. Marchand @ 2004-01-13 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Thanks,

That worked. I installed ghostscript-X11 and ghostscript-base only.

--B.

> You need to uninstall the ghostscript package and install the
> ghostscript-x11 package. You have to be careful to check each time
> that you run setup.exe that ghostscript is not being installed (if it
> is, just click in the "New" column until "Skip" is displayed). This
> should really be fixed by the ghostscript maintainer so that
> ghostscript and ghostscript-x11 can both be installed at the same
> time, or so that applications can depend on a package that doesn't
> cause one or the other to be installed. But I digress...
>

> Harold

* ghostview problems ...
@ 2004-01-13 14:59 B. Marchand
From: B. Marchand @ 2004-01-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

I just noticed something. Even though ghostview (gv) comes up and
appears to run I can never open a file with it. It says "Unknown device:
x11" when I try to open a PS or EPS file. The only difference I noticed
between gv in cygwin and that in linux is that the following library is
not available under cygwin:

/usr/lib/ghostscript/7.05/X11.so

I wonder if this is the same reason why geomview won't run under cygwin.
In geomview's case (debug mode) I get a message saying

Warning: XmManager ClassInitialize: XmeTraitSet failed
Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent
"Geomview" which supports only widgets.

Any ideas as to what is missing for ghostview to run properly?

--B.