* Re: virtual dimension (v0.94) shows xterms on all desktops.
       [not found] <504F2893.5020703@fz-juelich.de>
@ 2012-09-11 12:20 ` E. Kuemmerle
From: E. Kuemmerle @ 2012-09-11 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

Hi,

I can confirm that problem.
Additionally, if I first start the cygwin x-server and open some X
windows and then start virtual dimension, these X windows are handled
correctly.
There are icons on the virtual desktop display and these windows are
located on one virtual desktop.
But for every additional X window that I open after vitual dimension is
started, the described problem occurs as described by Frank.

What happens there???

Regards,
   Eberhard

> From: Frank Poppen
>
> I'm using virtual dimension (v0.94) and cygwin for quite some many
> years now with (used to be) no issue (Windows 7 and Windows XP
> before). During an upgrade of my machine I also installed the most
> current version of cygwin and its x-server (1.12.2). Since this time
> an xterm (or any other window) will show up on all my virtual
> dimension desktops as if it was attributed to "All desktops"
> Worse: Virtual Desktop does not show any xterm-icons, as if it does
> never realize that these windows are there. This might be the reason
> why the xterms are visible on all desktops - since the desktop manager
> fails to see and handle them . But all of this used to work with older
> version of cygwin - I verified by going back to an older backup for
> testing (sorry cannot quickly check x-server version for this).
>
> A websearch of this always leads me to this former "redraw window
> issue". But that is not it. I would need to know (thanks for help)
> what the cause for this could be. I would need to know some buzzwords
> where I could start following and solving the problem. At this point I
> have no idea where to start of from (where to start reading).
>
> Regards,
> Frank

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

* virtual dimension (v0.94) shows xterms on all desktops.
@ 2012-07-18  7:17 Frank Poppen
From: Frank Poppen @ 2012-07-18  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin-xfree

--
Dipl.-Inform. Frank Poppen | We use the freshest handpicked electrons
                            |         OFFIS Research Institute
Tel:+49-441-9722-230       |       R&D Division Transportation
Fax:+49-441-9722-278       |   26121 Oldenburg/Germany, Escherweg 2